Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was just doing a quick check today on my UP and found the coolant was well below low, lucky enough i got some g13 coolant already just need to get some distilled water so I can top up. the car is around 5 years old nothing been done with the coolant at this point.

However i would have thought the car would alert me if it was well below low. Not had any temperature alerts no problems

I have checked for any leaks can't see anything. I'm going to top it up before using it again, just unsure if I should be more concerned ?

·
Registered
201 Posts
In 5 years, if you had normal services, the garage may well have changed the coolant. I think they may pop the bottom hose off for this, but you reckon there are no leaks... One theory could be that if the coolant was changed, an airlock prevented a complete refill, and has subsequently cleared and left the level low. It'd be unusual to actually measure the volume of coolant going in - they'd fill until the level looked right....

I doubt any harm has occurred, especially as there was no temp warning. I didn't realize there is no 'level' warning for the coolant though!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts