Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I drive a red Up, and was driving up the A42/M1 Friday evening about 6pm when a light blue Up overtakes me with a friendly wave! I waved back, and ended up going past them again a few minutes later, and we had a cheery smile and a friendly wave to each other! Had the Owners Club sticker on the back so if you're on here, hello again, and thanks for giving me a smile! Ioften wave to other Ups on the road, and quite a few have given a wave and a smile back - it's nice to see!

·
Registered
811 Posts
That was me on my regular commute. I always wave to other Ups and it is nice to get such a friendly response. I will look out for you again.

If you are new to the forum, welcome and watch out, it can kind of suck you in.

Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Allybasher said:
That was me on my regular commute. I always wave to other Ups and it is nice to get such a friendly response. I will look out for you again.

If you are new to the forum, welcome and watch out, it can kind of suck you in.

Haha, excellent! Hello again!

Yeah I've been lurking on here for a few months but thought I'd join up and post to see if I could find my Up friend...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi! There is nothing wrong with a quiet lurk. I hope I see you on the M1 again.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi all. I go on the A42 also, towards the M1 sometimes, so I'll keep em peeled for you both! Don't forget the "club wave" (If we're still doing that).

Matt

·
Registered
811 Posts
I will keep my eyes open and the wave at the ready.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As the owner of a 68 Beetle (as well as the up!), I fully endorse waving between what i see to be the spiritual successor of the up!. We beetle owners wave at each other all the time and it's the only car I've ever had where that happens and the other person doesn't think you're mental.

Not sure I endorse replacing "punch buggy" with "punch up!" though...

·
Registered
811 Posts
I always wave as well. I occasionally get a wave back which makes it worth while.

·
Registered
448 Posts
In about 8 weeks of ownership I have waved to every Up! I have seen.....response......nothing!.Begining to feel a bit of an anorak.In my classic car or camper.....regardless of make, most wave back with a big smile.
Go well.

·
Registered
811 Posts
It's worth persevering, I came across Blunther on the M1 and it was nice to get a response which started this thread.

It doesn't always work, I pass a lady every morning on the A6007 who seems to have 2 Ups, a black High Up and a red Take Up. I also alternate Ups so she must have noticed. I keep waving with no response, she must think I am stalking her or something.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Night Owl said:
In about 8 weeks of ownership I have waved to every Up! I have seen.....response......nothing!.Begining to feel a bit of an anorak.In my classic car or camper.....regardless of make, most wave back with a big smile. 
Go well.
If you waved at me in Winchester I apologise for the gormless look... It takes me ages to realise what I'm seeing and what the drivers are doing!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have not yet seen a light blue Up!.....so I guess if and when I do it might well be you! I have only seen another red one...but 3 door , and silver and black Ups. So if you see a5 door little red roller skateit might well be me. I,m often in Winchester.
Go well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got a flower lui hanging from the mirror. I work out towards Kings Worthy.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've seen a few Up!'s now on my travels but hardly anybody waves back. They just either ignore you, or look at you like you've gone out. It's a shame really, as I love seeing another Up! on the road.
I'll still keep waving though regardless. Hopefully somebody will wave back!

Matt

·
Registered
811 Posts
Several times in the past few weeks I have come to my Up in a car park to find another Up parked next to me. Even if they don't wave, they tend to stick together.

Yesterday I came to my Up in Starbucks car park to find a nice young lady sitting in a black Take Up. I tried to attract her attention discreetly but daren't try too hard in case I was misconstrued by either the lady concerned or my wife...

·
Registered
393 Posts
LOL! That could have been awkward with your wife if the situation was mis-understood!. I've noticed a couple of times that Up!'s tend to park together also, like a gaggle of geese. LOL. It's nice to see.

Matt

·
Registered
37 Posts
M4796P said:
I've seen a few Up!'s now on my travels but hardly anybody waves back. They just either ignore you, or look at you like you've gone out. It's a shame really, as I love seeing another Up! on the road.
I'll still keep waving though regardless. Hopefully somebody will wave back!
Yep, I find the same - had mine about a week and a half now, waved at 6 or 7 ups, and nothing yet:(

I will also keep waving.

Ben

1 - 19 of 19 Posts