·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Looks like the full set I got from eBay was a real bargain

They are easy to fit for anyone thinking of adding these

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I didn't order in the end... Going to see how I go without them!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
szatkwon said:
whyd you want em anyways? always took mine of on the cars ive had XD

because where I live, the dairy herd often crosses the road and leaves their calling card....flaps keep the sides of the car MUCH cleaner.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I personally don't think they make much of a visual impact whether you have them or not. How often do you look 'down there' anyway? But maybe that's just me

·
Registered
956 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
I personally don't think they make much of a visual impact whether you have them or not. How often do you look 'down there' anyway? But maybe that's just me

Still undecided on whether to get some myself. Do they make a big difference in keeping the car cleaner for longer?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Biggest difference front flaps make is they stop the splashes at the base of the doors, these are often tar marks and need clay or white spirit to remove so thats why they are a must, esp on white or light coloured vehicles.

Having twice had windscreens cracked by flying stones , I think rear flaps effectively stop you throwing debris up onto following cars, I wish they were compulsory , also, short overhang of the UP means rear flaps will help keep tailgate a bit cleaner.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another dealer offering a front and rear set.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-VW-Up-Mudflaps-Full-Set-Front-and-Rear-BRAND-NEW-/170881382256?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c952f770#ht_779wt_250

Nick

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Better front mud flaps on the StreetKa might have left some of the paint on the rear wheel arches! After that experience, I'm determined to have them on the up! to reduce the amount of mud and other debris being thrown up and damaging the paintwork.

Nick

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Alison, they can't do any harm and if they keep my car cleaner, it's all good.

I can't actually say whether they do make a difference yet, because the weather hasn't been quite so bad since they have been fitted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of a car with them flaps mounted?

How about the mounting hardware, do you need to drill holes in the bodywork that will introduce rust?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts