Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right...I was at my dealer today looking for prices on various parts, and my dealer being fed up with me just gave me the list, of every optional extra for the up, with part numbers, prices for both the part and part + installation. The list includes lots of extras otherwise not available in my country, and/or exclusive to the black/white up.

On this lovely list i found part no. [TIL 061 504] This is a set of four front facing parking sensors and a control unit, for the up. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Are the original VW or some after market extras? Because until now only rear VW has available for the up.Have you see any photo of the front parking sensors?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
these are original VW parts (hence the part number) its the same part number as used in the Jetta for front facing sensors.

·
Registered
532 Posts
My dealer sent me an offer for front and rear parking sensors for my up. I have the rear ones and won't be needing the front ones as the bonnet is but a couple of feet from my nose.

·
Registered
397 Posts
ducatikid said:
...... won't be needing the front ones as the bonnet is but a couple of feet from my nose.
I share your thinking ... but I do know someone who took off their front bumper where sensors would have helped - they re-positioned their car but in doing so caught a very low brick wall. They'd noticed the wall when they first parked but in the intervening period before moving the car, they overlooked the out-of-sight wall. Perhaps a case of 'always the exception that proves the rule'?

·
Registered
532 Posts
You speaketh the truth, I do have to admit driving my other car into a stud sticking out of the floor. The car still has the marks of threads in the front apron.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Ducatikid,

How much was the offer? He offer you with original VW parts or with aftermarket parts?

My wife will be the driver of the Up! (she just ordered one last week). And I think it will be usefull for her with front sensors.

According my VW dealer in Switzerland, there is no way to install front sensors (original VW parts)

Thanks

Marco

·
Registered
532 Posts
Black rear £267,silver rear £279 Painted rear £291Bl fr,£355,silver £367, paint £379

Including parts labour and VAT.

No indication as to part mumbers etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts