Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. I got my white 3 door UP! in the last week of february. My original plan was to order a budget Take UP with a few extra options and then spend some money on wheels and other cool modifications. "Unfortunately" my dealer called 6 weeks after I have signed the contract and informed that it was not possible to order a Take UP with sunroof and the extra speakers. I had to upgrade to Move UP!. I also added leatherette and maps at the same time. The caris really nice. It has the steering wheel, gear lever and hand brake from the High UP. I was ecpeecting the TakeUP trim on these parts. I have also bought some grey fox alloys in 6,5x16 with 195/45-16. I had an idea to use the wheelhouse flares from seat Mii FR but it seems to be impossible as there is still not any signs of a release.
My last idea is to use a front grille (just the grille) from the CrossUP with wider and more sporty grille pattern and probably alsothe central bumber which is a bit smaller and different shaped compare to the original. It seems to be interchangable. The CrossUP has a alu wrapped central bumber. It will probably be best to paint it in original white color or modify the original to look more like the one from the CrossUP. I have also noticed that all of the CrossUP's has fog lights. I could install them or just use the holes as extra "brake cooling"

What do you think? I wonder if anybody knows the cost of the parts?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Does the Cross up! actually exist? I thought it was a design idea for the motor shows.

Nick

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Get the centre portion wrapped with chrome film....cool or what?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
You won't be able to fit the Crossup! grille to a standard up!. The grille mouth is a different shape, which will only fit the Crossup! bumper. You can fit the bumper as it includes the grey plastic wheelarch extensions, so you'd have to fit those all round too.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
why not just wrap your centre grille in black then? may look a bit ford scorpio wide-mouthed frog though ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shakotanVIP said:
You won't be able to fit the Crossup! grille to a standard up!. The grille mouth is a different shape, which will only fit the Crossup! bumper. You can fit the bumper as it includes the grey plastic wheelarch extensions, so you'd have to fit those all round too.
I think you are right. When I am looking closer it seems to be a slightly different shape. I am looking for a more sportive look for the front of the car but I dont think we will end up with black wrapping. Today I wrapped the diffuser and I installed twin exhaust end by cutting a bit of the diffuser. I will post pictures later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts