Up Owners Club banner

Frustration!

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Davec86 
#1 ·
Evenin all.
First things first, I've just joined but have been scouting around for a while. I ordered myself a Move Up! Four long long weeks ago now, in candy white with anthracite seats and beige dash. Complete with M&M, winter and sound packs, and to be dealer fitted with roof bars and bike carrier. Excited is not the word, not solely as its my first new car.

Right, the grumble.

My order number won't work on the order tracker online. It's lifted straight from the dealers system though?
This morning my dealer phoned me to tell me his system has just thrown out a week 47 built date, but still not confirmed. Is it usual to have to wait about 12 weeks from order to build?

Anyone else ordered last week of August and made more progress?

#2 ·
I'm intrigued by the idea beige dash. Do you mean Cornsilk for the lower dash and the doors, which is usually referred to as the interior? Or have you chosen to get the radio surround in beige, which isn't a colour I've come across? i kept mine simple: light blue car with light blue dash, with Cornsilk interior.

Nick

#4 ·
I wonder if an extended build date is down to the nature of any factory fitted options ordered.
It may be that if a certain option is ordered then all the cars with that option are built in a single batch production run. It could be that you have just missed a batch slot in an earlier production run and you are now first intheline for the nextbatch slot which is at say12 week intervals.

And of course we don't know the demand for matching options on the Skoda and Seat equivalents. If an option is popular then the VW supplier of the hardware for that option may not be able to keepup with demand.

The nature of volume production is that batching like for like options offers manufacturing cost savings.It may even be that a batch of cars with Move up! options is not scheduled now for 12 weeks. Or it may simply be that demand is taking off worldwide and VW simply cannot manufacture quickly enough!

vup rider

Edited by: vup rider

#5 ·
I ordered a candy white Move Up with winter pack, sound pack and maps and more on September 3rd and have had build week 41 confirmed. The only difference I can see between our orders is the interior as I've just gone for the black dash. Don't see why yours should be taking so much longer.

#6 ·
Oh right, well, the build week isn't 'confirmed' so fingers crossed it'll come forward. Or so reckons my slightly useless dealer anyway.
Well, on the website it says cornsilk yes, which is what I was after. But through the dealers setup, it says beige, for interior and 'dash panel', which I'd prefer, so in honesty, I don't actually quite know what to expect!

#8 ·
I got wk42 from a July order but when confirmed it jumped to week 38, anyhow I heard today it's on the boat so you might find your build shifts forward when confirmed....hope so anyway, either way, you can be sure of one thing, it's worth the wait !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.