Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this sounds really stupid but I cannot get the fuel cap open no matter what I do. I turn the key anticlockwise (left) and that locks the cap and stops it from moving and when I turn the key clockwise (right) that unlocks the cap and allows it to spin round. But I cannot get the thing out and I don't understand what it is that I'm not doing and now I'm nearly out of petrol so I'm getting desperate.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After I've unlocked it so it turns freely it will go both ways but nothing happens no matter how much I turn it one way or the other it just spins.

·
Registered
361 Posts
It should not turn freely after unlocking it. So you hold the cap with other hand while turning key anticlockwise half turn then the cap should not turn freely but with some force anticlockwise and open, it can be quite tight though. Hope this helps.

-eelis-

Edited by: -eelis-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I turn the key the half turn anticlockwise that locks the cap so that it doesn't move at all and when I do a half turn clockwise that unlocks the cap so that it then spins but it doesn't come off.

·
Registered
325 Posts
TawnieRose said:
When I turn the key the half turn anticlockwise that locks the cap so that it doesn't move at all and when I do a half turn clockwise that unlocks the cap so that it then spins but it doesn't come off.

No - when it spins it is locked, not unlocked. You turn the key anticlockwise to UNlock it. You can then physically unscrew the cap by hand (although it can be a bit stiff sometimes).

EDIT: OK, I see you've worked it out now

Edited by: Umiamz

1 - 7 of 7 Posts