Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the fuel flap has a holder
for the fuel cap as I can't work it out? any other car
I've had has a fuel cap holder so surely the Up! must have to?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The Lupo's and NB remain attached on a piece of rubber string

Is it not the same in the Up? I'm bound to put it somewhere safe never to be found again

·
Registered
619 Posts
There are a couple of notches on the fuel cap which allow you to attach it to the edge of the outer filler cap cover. It seems a bit of a clumsy design but it works.

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks for the photo b82ry! I shall certainly use the cap holder

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, obviously, me duh!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Please be very careful when taking pictures of open petrol fillers. The use of flash could cause a spark to ignite the petrol tank and there'd be an explosion.

Nick

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Well I've just filled up with petrol and what do you know! The cap sits on the flap! Only had the same car for 11 years and the other be for three years and never knew
Just let it dangle on the rubber stringy bitEdited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
25 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one who never knew about cap holders!! I thought that was what the rubber bit of hose was for and have always just let the cap dangle....education is a wonderful thing

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hmmm, I never knew that either! Is it a female thing do you think? Or are we just a dopey trio

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Makes me feel better than I'm not the only one. Hubby knew, daughter didn't (she's only been driving for just shy of two years tho!)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well I don't belive it
just read this out to my son having now got my up and had to polo's previous he could'nt belive I did'nt know this ......yep female thing, I alo thought it just dangled

·
Registered
423 Posts
I've had VWs for years...they've all had it..........they also supply a manual that tells you all these clever things

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well some of us !!!OK maybe me
do not read the manuel that comes with the car as we just like to get out there and enjoy it, and if we get petrol in it who cares where thecap hangs

But have my trusty book to hand but no where does it say "CHECK SUNROOF FOR LEAKS"

·
Registered
315 Posts
Collas said:
Please be very careful when taking pictures of open petrol fillers. The use of flash could cause a spark to ignite the petrol tank and there'd be an explosion.

Nick
Ooooops - too late!........

Edited by: VWXYZ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts