Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! Hope someone can help me with a rather embarrassing problem! I can't get my fuel cap to unlock when at the petrol station!

I love my Up! I've had my Move Up! for a year now. Everyone is surprised how spacious the car is and its perfect for city driving. I'm really impressed how cheap the car is to run and it returns fantastic MPG. Just as well though because I can't fill the bloody thing up! I dread going to the garage to get fuel as its such an ordeal!!!! I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to drive away from petrol station with a red face and an empty tank!!! Any time I do manage to successfully remove the cap is purely by chance!

Help! After one year of this I'm becoming really stressed about this!!!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hmmm ...

On my old Lupo the lock in the cap did not work anymore after some years ...
Luckily it was open all the time, could be opened and closed, but no not locked with the key ...

Do you have an "unlock problem" that the key doesn't work???

Otherwhise: Hold the cap with one hand and try to open with the key, turning 180° ...
After the 180° turn, the cap can be screwed up ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi salesman said knack to it, hold the fuel cap still, place key in cap and turn key whilst holding cap till unlocked, then remove key, now loosing fuel cap without key in.
Putting back on screw cap on without key till tight, hold cap still place key in then lock. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Absolutely right jamesnewcas. Good description. My dealer came with me on a familiarisation drive during which we pulled into a petrol station for him to fill the car up during which time he ran through the unlocking and locking procedure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts