Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This confused me last night at the pump!

How the frig are you supposed to lock and unlock the cap? Am I being stupid in struggling?!

Thanks!

·
Registered
315 Posts
JackDavies. It seems a bit fiddly at first but you will soon get used to it and if you follow the instructions until it becomes a habit, there is no way you will leave your filler cap behind is there? Have a practice at it when you have nothing else to do before you go to the filling station.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I forgot to lock mine again the first time, so take care. ( assumed it would click lock automatically..)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hiya, had mine since June still can not work out how to lock/unlock.....son tried (said it was a mum thing) but NO it does not lock

·
Registered
532 Posts
Put cap on hole and turn it until it clicks. Then hold the outside, shove key in and turn key clockwise. take key out and close plastic cover.

If, when you put the cap back on the fuel filler it turns around without clicking, you have inadvertentlylocked the cap with it not on the filler tube. If this is the case, take the cap off, hold the outside and unlock it by turning the key to the left.

Hope this helps.

Edited by: ducatikid

·
Registered
235 Posts
Alan G mine don't, even tried several "men" at garageducantikid will give that a try, will let you know don't fill it that often
seems to be once a month and I use it for work visits so really pleased with mpg and thank you.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Mumski1 said:
Hiya, had mine since June still can not work out how to lock/unlock.....son tried (said it was a mum thing) ......
Whilst we await delivery of our new up!, interesting to read that the filler cap appears to be of the same principle as the one on my wife' car (W reg). It's the original as fitted in the factory She just cannot get to grips with how the final key-locking works. Have to be fair and say a well meaning neighbour tried to help her unlock it but he (yes, male!) also failed. I come along and use the key, as always, no problem! So she drives around with it closed but not locked.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I've got to say, I understand it's not the simplest of locks, but it's fairly intuitive really, in that it uses the same principle as almost every other standard lock mechanism. That said, I'm on my 5th VW now so I guess I'd be used to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts