Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after 2500 kilometers, my UP is near the twenty kilometers by liter (19,5 km/l or 55 mpg).This consumption, is in a semi urban region, from a location at 20 kilometers to my home, passing through 2 cities via an old route with semaphores. Remember, the Mercosur version comes only in the 75 bhp version.

More pictures from today of my high UP!:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice! I couldn't reach higher than 15 km/l yet.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep, all city drive, around 300km on the clock, still on break-in period.

I was too busy this week, sorry for that! Maybe at the weekend.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
read it and weep!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Privatedoc, yours is not a BMT one either is it?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cadfael said:
Brazil has km/l?!

So we have
km/l = South America
mpg = UK
l/100km = Continent (Europe)

My up! has about
5.6 l/100km
51 mpg
17.8 km/l
Yes, here the unit of fuel consumption is km/l.

About the mpg from UK, it's not the same than the mpg from USA, because the US Gallon is littler than the Imperial Gallon from UK.

Today I when I refill the fuel tank, will make the calculation for the real media of the fuel consumption.

In the previuos refill of the fuel tank, i got a media of about 16 km/l, due to many traffic jams in the city of Buenos Aires.

Regards

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Juan,

I haven't made this experience yet but many owners state, that the mpg km/l increases when the car has made some miles / km. The motor becomes more fuel saving after some time.

My example with 17.8 km/l as the real consumption after refueling last week.
If I had to drive 10 km to work in the Lower Rhine Area of Germany, it would surely be 20 km/l or more. In Buenos Aires a 16 might be normal. On my way to work I have 7 traffic lights on 2.5 km. The way back in the afternoon for the 2.5 km sometimes takes 15 minutes!

The motor also needs a lot more fuel when it is not warm!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cadfael said:
Hi Juan,

I haven't made this experience yet but many owners state, that the mpg km/l increases when the car has made some miles / km. The motor becomes more fuel saving after some time.

If I had to drive 10 km to work in the Lower Rhine Area of Germany, it would surely be 20 km/l or more. In Buenos Aires a 16 might be normal. On my way to work I have 7 traffic lights on 2.5 km. The way back in the afternoon for the 2.5 km sometimes takes 15 minutes!

Today I made the refueling, and used 43,7 liters for 737 km in combined mode, city, motorway and semi urban.
The values are:
16.86 km/l
5.92 l/100 km

You are right: the motor is more fuel saving after 2000 km, and more responsive.

Have a Happy Week End!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Cadfael said:
Brazil has km/l?!

So we have
km/l = South America
mpg = UK
l/100km = Continent (Europe)

My up! has about
5.6 l/100km
51 mpg
17.8 km/l
you are way off denmark also has km/l he he

regards
RIX

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cadfael said:
Hi Juan,

One of the features of the UP! engine, is that because it has the exhaust multiple integrated on cylinder head, it gets quicker the work temperature. The question is: if you leave the vehicle stopped with the engine running, or to use it accelerating slightly, until it reaches the operating temperature. I prefer the last, but the days with less than 10ºC, I leave the vehicle stopped with the engine running, while I prepare to go to work.

The last week, the motorway on which I do 40km, 20 of which was very congested, and the speed at which I could move was between 20 and 50 km / h, when I go to the work in the direction to the capital (Buenos Aires). In the afternoon, the highway has no problems, butan avenue that encircles the capital, on which I do 12 km, often has congestion problems. and the time to make those 12 km, is the same that normally takes me to do the 52 km to my house (about 50 minutes).

But by the currency devaluation that has made the government in about 40%, and even increase the value of the fuel by more than 36%, while my salary have increased from July in only 18%, for that reason,I can't o use my UP all days. Until yesterday i was using it every day my UP!, but from the next week, I will use it one day yes, and the next no.

Regards

·
Registered
296 Posts
Whatupdoc - downhill with a wind behind you?Great mpg.
Over 16,000 miles our average is just on 55 mpg measured by quantity of fuels used.
Long runs we are getting over the 60 mark, with short local runs bringing the overall down.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ospreywatcher said:
Over 16,000 miles our average is just on 55 mpg measured by quantity of fuels used.
Long runs we are getting over the 60 mark, with short local runs bringing the overall down.
My last average, going home from my work was (with a speed between 80 and 120 km/hour):

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ospreywatcher said:
Someone can verify in Your user manual if You find the variation of fuel consumption with the temperature?
I had opened other topic:
http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/as-from-day-to-night-fuel-consumption_topic5868.html?KW=as+from+day+to+night

You can see on the Fig. 86 (last picture of the link) the variation of fuel consumption with the temperature.

On the european versions appear this?

Or only appear on the Mercosur, when using a mixture of fuel with etanol?

·
Registered
24 Posts
First full tank on our base up gave 55 to uk mpg. Mix of 200 motorway and 200 2 mile each way commute.
V impressed to say the least.

Sits at 70 lovely....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts