Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I am going to buy the Move Up Version.

Does it give you a reading of acerage fuel consumption and distance remaining for refueling?

Ken

·
Registered
78 Posts
No it doesnt. Its only readings are time,temp and trip/total mileage

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes i know but does it give you this info - i tried looking up the internet to see what features it has yet i couldn't find much

·
Registered
430 Posts
If you add the sensor pack it will give you a trip computer for the information you require. Also I think it includes cruise control and a parking sensor. In my opinion this is a better choice than maps and more but I'm sure others will disagree.

·
Registered
176 Posts
ken481 said:
Hi Guys

I am going to buy the Move Up Version.

Does it give you a reading of acerage fuel consumption and distance remaining for refueling?

Ken

In answer to your very simple question, yes it does!!!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Look out for somewhere with a lot of VW cars and a big VW sign. If you go inside the nice man will be able to answer all your questions and even let you sit in an Up!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Thought it was sound advice. If you look at the answers they don't appear to agree.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Beevee said:
Look out for somewhere with a lot of VW cars and a big VW sign. If you go inside the nice man will be able to answer all your questions and even let you sit in an Up!
Pretty sound advice to be honest - especially when the sort of information you are after is unlikely to appear in anything other than an actual user manual. Hey I own an up! and I'm unsure - I recommend looking at either a Take Up or a Move Up for this feature

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
M&M is a no-brainer....it does so much and costs relatively little, yes it will give you all the stats you need.

(I've a sensor pack too but only got that for the cruise control )

alternative may be a bluetooth OBDII dongle from ebay and an iphone app to display the stats. (cheap but problematical)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well ken481 the answer to your question appears to be yes or is it no? We have also learnt that m&m is not worth it or is it very good? Visit your local dealer and test drive an Up! and play around with the controls. You will then be in a position to make your own mind up and chose something you like. It doesn't matter what other people's opinions are as long as you are satisfied.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Miaup said:
You would have to pay extra for maps and more
Don't you get the Blue Motion Technology / BMT versions in the UK ?
They should have the on board computer with gauges Kenn asked about.Edited by: _1S_

·
Registered
727 Posts
ken481 said:

I have all the gauges, bells and whistles in my up! but I still just use thetrip-ometer for fuel consumption. One glance at it and I can tell you within a half liter how much fuel it has consumed and how far I can drive before needing to fill up again.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Beevee said:
Thought it was sound advice. If you look at the answers they don't appear to agree.
You obviously haven't been to any VW dealerships I have. Most salespeople are pants with this type of question.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
karlak said:
Beevee said:
You obviously haven't been to any VW dealerships I have.  Most salespeople are pants with this type of question.
Very happy with my local dealers (there are three in a 15 mile radius and all are excellent). Depends on the way you treat them if you are Bolshe you don't get the best result. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the blue motion move up in uk. It has not got any info on how many mile left in tank only the fuel gauge and a red light. A car out of 1980s with a dodgy gear box and clutch that crunches and clunks every day

·
Registered
430 Posts
_1S_ said:
Miaup said:
You would have to pay extra for maps and more
Don't you get the Blue Motion Technology / BMT versions in the UK ?
They should have the on board computer with gauges Kenn asked about.
Yes, but no computer as standard, then again if you want an accurate figure for consumption the maps and more and trip computers are reportedly giving exaggerated figures.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts