Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Up! White. Jet wash caught fuel filler flap which pushed it open and snapped it off its bracket. If you look closely it's only glued to the bracket. Cover isn't damaged but it looks impossible to glue back onto the bracket, requiring an expensive refit of the whole unit meaning access behind interior trim. Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Can't help you specifically, but thanks for the heads-up, I will be careful in future.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just tell VW dealer it "came off in your hands" at the petrol station.

They should do a warranty repair..

·
Registered
145 Posts
It happened to me cost £80 if I remember right?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Just use a normal low pressure hose, car will be much happier all round

·
Registered
448 Posts
Here here !

Go well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
mine didn't come off with a pressure washer :( mine happened at the petrol station because some idiot parked to far back on the first pump causing me to park further back, so when I went to lean over flap to get the pump i knocked the flap and it came off with little force :/ lesson learned? wait for a good space at the pump even if there is a queue behind you :/ also I think it cost £120 fitted by vw.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
karlak said:

Cant do that now!
Now you have posted what really happened??

·
Registered
30 Posts
karlak said:

Isn't that what's commonly known as lying? Would you be happy if the dealer lied to you about matters relating to your car? I think not!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2013 Up! White. Jet wash caught fuel filler flap which pushed it open and snapped it off its bracket. If you look closely it's only glued to the bracket. Cover isn't damaged but it looks impossible to glue back onto the bracket, requiring an expensive refit of the whole unit meaning access behind interior trim. Anyone else had this problem?
just out of 3 years warranty, this morning when refilled, it just ready dropped when putting the fuel nozzle back, expensive to replaced

·
Registered
29 Posts
Walked into mine after leaving it open! I got a replacement complete in silver for I seem to remember about £60. Relatively easy to fit yourself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts