Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our salesman say's the full size spare will come with a tyre to match those on the alloys!
That being the case at £50 its a bargain! Even if it gets stuck in the garage! (my wife will be using the car to get to work 15 miles each way)

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
does anyone know where the full size spare is located on the up? because the boot just doesnt seem big enough to have it in there anywhere like my polo's spare is under all the boot carpet?

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yeah thanks, i just saw that... why the :S face? its a good thing it doesnt take up boot space!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 'Take up!' without a spare wheel. Checked the boot and the wheel area is below the boot floor. I have the pressurised rubber solution in a can BUT there is NO jack !!

I emailed the dealer and they say that with the run flat pressurised sealer they do not supply a jack ! Strange as our Honda Jazz and new Mini both had pressurised cans AND car jacks. You need a jack to rotate the tyres and handle wheel removals for inspection etc.

Dealer has quoted £27.36 for a jack.

Dave

·
Registered
301 Posts
hoppy40 said:
just received my take up! ordered spare wheel but comes separately, does anyone know if it comes with a jack etc??

Comes in the 'You'll need one of these that's another £100' pack.

·
Registered
421 Posts
It's where you expect a find a spare on a normal car and you get the tools you need with the tyre (according to my dealer)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a spare wheel in my UP! and it comes with the jack so do not worry. It is located beneath the lower level of the boot so you do not loose any space at all. It is a very neat.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Daft question this may seem, is it alloy or steel wheel?

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi, mine is the take up, with steel 14 inch wheels, I collected the car yesterday, ordered the spare wheel separately about 3 weeks ago
, hope it arrives soon, tyres are funny mine have little flowers on them, very cute

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think £50 to get tools, jack and a spare wheel is a no brainer as an accessory. If you use the foam, the tyre cannot be repaired.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ZumbaQueen said:
Daft question this may seem, is it alloy or steel wheel?
i dont have it yet, but im sure itll be steel whether you have alloys or not

1 - 20 of 28 Posts