Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to appear to be stupid but, due to arthritis I don't have a lot of power in my fingers.
I cant work out how the cover comes off the fuse box. Does it lift up or down slide right or left or what.
Have tried all sorts of fiddling but it must be very stiff.(Trust the Germans just like them)
If some one can give me a clue would be most appreciated. I don't want to go to the main dealer just for this
simple task
Thanks in advance. You are a knowledgeable lot.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I find it annoying too. No room for fingers to open it. And you can't see it really. I ended up breaking it. Still I don't get it how it should work. Fragile hinges behind and some kind of clip holding it from front.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That picture is excellent can now see the *** catch, makes life a bit easier.
Thanks for the information.
Jake

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi Bextonion,
wellfan's photo is a big help, but I had a look at mine to see how easy it was to access inside the car. The clip itself is located in the middle of the lid, on the edge closest to the dash panel. It requires no strength or tools to move - it's just a little black lever that needs to be pushed back to release the lid. My attempt at a photo is below - tad blurry, but you can see the critical bits! Dash panel is at the far right; black clip is at the middle of the long edge of the clear lid. Push clip to the left in this image (away from you, towards the engine in the car) and the lid comes down without a grumble. Also means it will still make a nice click when the lid goes back on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts