Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm very happy to have finally joined this beautiful forum after often coming here to read about this neat little car. I recently bought an eco up (I live in Italy and here CNG is pretty common and very cheap fuel) since it happens often that I need to leave the baby parked on the street for days I wanted to minimize theft risk, my intention was to remove the starter or injection fuse while parked outside, there should be 3 fuse boxes and I would have preferred to "mess" with the one accessible when opening the car door, to the side of steering wheel.
So ideally I'd like to remove the CNG injection fuse (car starts on cng), my concern removing the starter fuse is that the engine won't turn so the car won't start but idk maybe cng injection will happen and on the next startup there is an excess of gas that would cause engine damage by detonation? My question would be if you know the fuse location for the eco up and what would you suggest, thank you!

·
Registered
592 Posts
CNG is injected the same as petrol - on demand. There will be no excess of gas if you remove the pump fuse, and any gas will disperse quite quickly. But does the car not have a built-immobiliser anyway (requiring a key to enable the ECU) ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CNG is injected the same as petrol - on demand. There will be no excess of gas if you remove the pump fuse, and any gas will disperse quite quickly. But does the car not have a built-immobiliser anyway (requiring a key to enable the ECU) ?
I agree that if you remove the fuse that controls the cng injectors there won't be an excess in cng but I'm not sure that's the case if instead of removing that fuse you remove the starter fuse but I guess there won't be an excess either, yes it has a built in immobilser and all but thieves usually mess up with the ecu (connecting a new one) and obd to steal a vehicle

·
Registered
592 Posts
So thieves can fit a new ECU and mess with the OBD connector, but won't see or be able to replace a fuse? :)

Sounds like they will be putting your car on a trailer to steal it.... You may be better off using a wheel clamp, or maybe moving to a part of town where car crime is less serious! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts