Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my up and I want to look after it.
Even though it is one of my cheaper car purchases I have really taken to the little car and frequently nag the family :
" Don't do that you'll scratch it, Be careful with that, Don't slam the door that hard and so on "

Does this make me over fussy, paranoid or normal ?

I'm not usually like this(to this extent)with my cars, it's possible I could just be getting old and grumpy.

What are you like with your UP!s

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am EXACTLy the same as you

Its normal in my eyes...
and I am glad I ain't the only one...

I had a friend in the car a couple weeks ago, he kept touching the dashboard and everything else,
I had to ask him why... he couldn't come with a good explanation... The only times I have touched the dashboard is when I am cleaning it! and is more often than not when I have passengers!

The girlfriend has learnt her lesson, although she wasn't anywhere near as bad as my friend

I am also nervous as to what people have on their shoes, if they are covered in mud etc!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear, thanks Lee in Denmark.

I normally open the door for my wife am I being a gentleman ?

No, it's a new car and she has a lot of rings on her finger that could scratch the paintwork.

My family say I'm fussy but that's just the way I am.

Would you park the car and move it if there is not enough space between your UP! and the next car ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
There is nothing worse than scratches on the inside and outside door handles and trim caused by rings no you are not being fussy as repair to these items is quite expensive.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anything else that irritates anyone ?

Even though the handbook tells you to do it I don't like dropping the bonnet from 200mm to close it !Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Would you park the car and move it if there is not enough space between your UP! and the next car ? [/QUOTE]

I must admit the answer is yes. When parking in a supermarket I always find a space with no cars either side. Usually it's a waste of time because when I return to the car there is often a b****y great four wheel drive beside me

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
collos25 said:
Its sods law you can park anywhere miles from the nearest bay to the entrance and somebody will park next to you.
And close as well, how do some people get out of their cars !!

·
Registered
811 Posts
collos25 said:
Its sods law you can park anywhere miles from the nearest bay to the entrance and somebody will park next to you.

That always happens to me. Grrrr

·
Registered
65 Posts
I park over two spaces or park in an end bay and right on the line so there has to be a huge gap between my car and the one next to me. Had my doors dinged too many times on my old cars!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I just have to find a spot for 3 cars so i park up amd then my bodyguards go either side of me and a helicopter hovers above with 2 sniper riffle people watching for people getting to close! But I suppose we all cant do that!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know someone who places traffic cones either side of his car in his works car park !!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Derkie54 said:
I know someone who places traffic cones either side of his car in his works car park !!
Haha is that some1 you?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ho Ho but No........ LOL

If I did that where I work they would be on the roof when I got back
Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
113 Posts
I park as far away from supermarket doors as possible, I don't care if I have to walk, rather then getting a dent...

Danes are lazy, they seek the spots closest lol

·
Registered
202 Posts
dmn100 said:
I park over two spaces or park in an end bay and right on the line so there has to be a huge gap between my car and the one next to me. Had my doors dinged too many times on my old cars!
Sorry but i hate people who do that and park right next to them on purpose :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
There are signs in some car parks telling you to park within a bay or get a fine. Do you pay twice?

·
Registered
229 Posts
For the scratches on the inside of the door handle I bought some clear plastic protectors off ebay... i'm OCD! and have told any girl thats getting into my car to open the door very carefully due to their nails!

I read something on club lupo regarding parking in two spots that i've never forgot!

If someone says to you that you should not park in two spaces, ask them for all their details, telephone, address, insurance details. When they ask why, say because if you come out and there is a scratch of dent on your car they can pay for the repairs!

That'll shut them up!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think it's completely normal to worry about damage to your pride and joy! I worry about scratches, dents etc, especially bloody stone chips!!!!!!!
I always park as far away as possible in any car park, whether it's rain, snow or shine to avoid damage. Some people don't give a toss about their own cars, let alone anybody elses!
Also to add to the list is high heel scratches around the door sills and scuff plates! I always make sure that anyone wearing them is super careful, especially the metal tipped variety!

Matt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts