Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a nightmare at the minute with VW - purchased GAP Insurance for my Polo last year, had marketing call tonight to say I didn't have it, confirmed by VWFS Customer Services. Thedealer says it's a scam by someone wanting me topay again for the cover and thatI need to call VWFS Insurance myself andwon't do anything to resolve sonow have to wait till tomorrow to call them - what amazing service!!!!
Anyhoooo....who has taken GAP Insurance on their up!and how much have you been quoted/paid on my order I have been asked to pay 400 quid. Needless to say I don't intend to pay this and after the upset I've had tonight either they halve it or I'm getting my own - at least I know I'll be covered.

Edited by: ZumbaQueen

·
Registered
128 Posts
Would that be the local VW dealer in Chesterfield by chance (Gilders).......they tried to sell us GAP insurance too. Looked at me as though I was from Mars when I said it was a quarter of the price online. Same with the finance when I said it was 2% higher than with Marks and Spencer finance. I think they just get the same return customers who never question what they say. They prob make more money selling the GAP than selling the car! You can buy GAP online from as little as £80 upwards.In the end we didn't bother as we have a decent deposit to put in,relative low purchase price,low interest loan andwith expected high residuals the GAP should never be that big.Plus our insurance company replace any car less than 1 year old with a new like for like car. Basically there won't be a GAP!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
i went for GAP insurance on my up! it was a must have considering my car got stolen last year and regret not getting GAP insurance.
The dealer knocked down £100 for my GAP insurance.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pugliablue said:
Would that be the local VW dealer in Chesterfield by chance (Gilders).......they tried to sell us GAP insurance too. Looked at me as though I was from Mars when I said it was a quarter of the price online.
Hiya!!

Yes honey it is - is it you that's taken the showroom up! white?? I fished around this morning and have a quote of Return to Invoice Price covers 5 years term, max claimdifference 10K for £195 - company running for 40 years so no here today gone tomorrow.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi
No wasn't me that took the UP! White.....we have a high up on order. Sounds like a good price for the GAP insurance.As with all these things its whatever you feel happy with. When is your car due for delivery?

·
Registered
119 Posts
hello there what was the name of the company you found for £195 cheers

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi

Build week 23 so delivery expected end of June....yippee!!

Ups, the quote was with Direct Gap if you google it they will come up. 5 years cover max claim 10k and they pay to the invoice value.

Dealer is now saying they'll do me a deal and look after me but I still think I'll go it alone x

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi ZumbaQueen, We too (my partner and I) have ordered a High up! from Gilders Chesterfield, and we refused to pay £400 GAP. glad we did as its much much cheaper online.
We struggled to get anything extra though, didnt come down in price on the service policy or sensor pack etc.
Build week 23 as well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
How annoying is it that......will look after you!!? Only when you called their bluff! Was impressed with Gilders until it came to dealing with them over anything to do with doing the final deal. Then it became apparent they were just as much of a rip offas all the other dealers!! Ridiculous low px prices,overpriced GAP and generally insulting our intelligence by doing the old "just have toask my manager" routine. It shouldn't take 2 weeks to do a deal! On the plus side they did have Costa coffee!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I must admit I have ever so politely stomped about a bit after the GAP insurance farce, but really you shouldn't have to, goodservice should be standard.
They added the Lifeshine and GAP to the orderwithout discussion and I've told them Iwon't pay foreither and the paperwork is to be done again when she arrives. I hadLifeshine freeonmy Polo after some hard debate and told them they can only put it on the car with the same agreement so will check when she'sready from prep,but I'm prepared to stand my ground again.

I am getting 10% off accessories though after I saw on here someone had said their garage was offering it but it turned out to be specific to the dealer and not a standard across the board, but it was agreed yesterday with Gilders they will do the same for me. The only thing I want are mats and wheel caps but my try to order the caps from Germany direct when the time comes.

I just love the way he gets flustered and says will refer it to the manager, I think we're dealing with the same salesman on this!!

Variable....we're going to be collection buddies! When did you order your up!? x

Edited by: ZumbaQueen

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ordered our up! on the 30/4. Had a test drive and just loved it!

They did ask us about the gylm and GAP though and we said no at the time. (rather than sneaking them in the paperwork)

Someone posted a website that sold Mats with Red trims, so ill think we will prolly grab one from there. One thing the dealer said she would try and get free for us, was an "up! box" that they had stacked up next to the showroom car.
Had some flasks and a boot cover and a few other bits and bobs. Better than nothing I suppose.

·
Registered
128 Posts
They offered us less than half what 'webuyanycar.com' didfor the px. When I said that the offer they made us was half what the bottom book price was they just said 'well its only a guide!' ....a guide the motor industry is supposed to follow!! We walked out at that point,got some internet quotes and went back the week after and started again. I sold the px for £1000 more than they offered,got3 years free servicing and a set of mats. AND

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can see you're impressed with the Costas!!
I've just emailed them and asked about the up boxes, not mentioned anything to me but if there's something going to a goodhome freeI want one too! Also to clarify the 2 key position.

I think his heart sinks when I email them, I'm definitely high maintenance with this car purchase as a little knowledge from here is a dangerous thing!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts