Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My up came with the Gardx treatment, the dealership said all their cars come with it (I didn't pay for it though) has anyone had this done on theirs?

The other day I used a hose to clean some bird muck of the roof (luckily it was raining so it hadn't stuck) when I came out the next morning the water on the roof had turned a darkish yellow! The rest of the car was ok, seems as if t he gardx is reacting with tap water? Which is not very good if the gardx is actually coming off!

Later in the day, the yellow water spots had dried into a few rust coloured marks! looks great on a white car I can tell you!

Wondered if anyone here has had the gardx treatment, and noticed similar issues or not?
Cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have Gardx and it came with bird muck remover solution in my take home kit, which has been fine for removing deposits and had no after effects, but my car is red. I have a white fiesta and every tar spot leaves a yellowish orange mark once the black removed. I think white is hard to keep white.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm not a fan of these dealer applied products, its much more satisfying to clean the old wax of occasionally and apply a good quality wax yourself. I can see the attraction though if time is precious. I've just striped mine back with dodo juice lime prime lite and put 2 coats of their supernatural wax on, it looks amazing and the water sheeting is unbelievable.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm a bit skeptical myself, paint feels nice and beads well but how long will it last? In the take home kit there a bottle of gardx which needs to be added to water and sponged on after washing to maintain the protection, says it has to be done once a month. Think I will end up waxing over the top of it, last time I bought a good wax it was for a dark car so i'll have to buy new, will have a look at dodo juice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts