Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been given a Garmin satnav but it doesn't have the socket for the bespoke VAG cradle/holder. How can I fix it in securely? But also still take it out easliy?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hi, I've been given a Garmin satnav but it doesn't have the socket for the bespoke VAG cradle/holder. How can I fix it in securely? But also still take it out easliy?
I’ve been trying to find the same bracket. So far no luck. But a couple of members here have adapted some odds and sods to do the job.
I’m surprised a bracket is not available as the VW Navigon unit is a Garmin re badged.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Agree. It does all smack of a ploy to make us shell out more for a new combo. The best I can find is a blanking cover and the portable friction mount...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Agree. It does all smack of a ploy to make us shell out more for a new combo. The best I can find is a blanking cover and the portable friction mount...
When I’ve a little more time il mooch round in the garage and make something up...
It seems those friction mounts grip onto almost anything. There is a plain circular disc with a self adhesive backing if a smooth surface is needed.

But it’s a shame to have that aperture there and not use it 👍👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts