Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I fancied updating my Navigon Maps & More device to the newer Garmin branded version for the extra services available such as the live services. I contacted my dealer and was quoted a price just over £340! Is this real? I cannot believe this price and are absolutely disgusted. Can anyone clear up whether or not this is correct or if it's even worth upgrading. Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
yes, correct price, no, not worth upgrading

unfortunately proprietary versions come with the VAG group 50%+ markup

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys, thanks for your replies. That £340+ price is scandalous, I'm shocked. I am watching the one on eBay, it finishes at 12:22 tomorrow. I don't think I'll be bidding though. I don't use my current Navigon Maps & More much but are a bit of a gadget freak. Thanks again guys and happy upping!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
YES, THAT is MY bid!!!! lol(though not my minimum bid!)

I too think £340 is a complete rip-off if I do win it, I'll sell my navigon one hopefully.

Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your message and good luck with your eBay bidding, I'll be watching and might even risk a bit of a bid although I'll be on the Coronation Street Tour in Manchester at the time. Could I ask why you want the newer Garmin version if you too have the original Navigon one? Are you just a gadget geek like myself?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Absolute geekery, nothing else. Only want the live traffic bit and the blue score that the navigon doesn't have

Would go a reasonable way into bidding but only if cheap enough and you didn't want it

·
Registered
53 Posts
This link is good as it shows all the features of the Garmin device for anybody who wants to compare it to theNavigonone.

https://volkswagen.garmin.com/volkswagen/site/features

·
Registered
252 Posts
£320 for the Seat one. Units pick up branding on connection to dashboard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts