Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing I keep meaning to ask, my 2012 Take Up and 2013 High Up have different knobs on the gear lever (the same one behind the wheel though......)

Is this an age thing or a trim level thing?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Trim, the Take up! just gets a basic rubber knob not a more posh and better feeling leather knob of the High up!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorted! Thanks.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I found a tutorial on line it is very easy I think I goggled how to remove a Vw gear knob and I got a how to do it on a golf I did the same and mine has not fallen off yet lol

I am away at moment and have a very slow And expensive wifi connection other wise I post the link

·
Registered
73 Posts
I took mine and trow it in the waste bin.
sourced a Momo aluminum knob and my very old shift booth. What do you think?
it used to be installed in my 91 GTI and then stored away for a few decades. looking for the next best option. I kind´a like it.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
nice install, looks very nice!

Reactions: Carlos

·
Registered
73 Posts
Vintage momo stuff. Out of the attic, now I am trying to figure out how to install a set of VDO gauges, out of the same box.
Volt meter, Clock, & Oil pressure, on A “42 draft designs” mk3 3 gauge pod, just cant figure out how to put it in the console part. Without making it odd looking.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sorry to restoke an old thread, I was just looking to change mine, any advice on how to remove the original?
I followed this video >

Pretty much identical procedure to the up, apart from unclipping the gaitor by putting your finger in this gap and pulling up:

Reactions: Carlos
1 - 11 of 11 Posts