Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having read many posts about the gearbox cluster noises (on mine it is when changing gear and under load at low revs) I wondered has anyone actually been able to get this issue resolved by the dealer?

·
Registered
309 Posts
This sort of noise goes back to gearboxes on MK4 Polo's in the mid/late nineties at least, back then owners were told it wasnormal and just a characteristic, guess it will be the same with the up.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
SMART EXAMINER said:
In true British Leyland tradition......"They all do that sir" 
 How about the ASG automatics. Do they make any strange sounds?
As far as I am concerned the clutch and gearbox are as quiet as can be. Maybe I am just lucky but I don't think so. Perhaps other ASG drivers would like to comment

·
Registered
44 Posts
Beevee said:
SMART EXAMINER said:
In true British Leyland tradition......"They all do that sir"
How about the ASG automatics. Do they make any strange sounds?
As far as I am concerned the clutch and gearbox are as quiet as can be. Maybe I am just lucky but I don't think so. Perhaps other ASG drivers would like to comment
Thanks,that is good to know,as if and when i buy an UP,it will only be the High UP ASG.

·
Registered
99 Posts
yeh but I believe the ASG is not the best auto going? never driven one but read plenty of reports.

just a thought. I have the 75 manual high UP - gets better all the time ..............

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
UPANDATEM said:
yeh but I believe the ASG is not the best auto going? never driven one but read plenty of reports.

just a thought. I have the 75 manual high UP - gets better all the time ..............
Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear. It is only by experience you will know the truth!Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
448 Posts
Beevee .Amen to that! So be it.

Experience is rapidly becoming an underrated asset.

Go well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
All road testers moan about the Smarts auto box,but i love it. It is smooth as silk as long as you take it nice and easy and do not floor it everywhere.
The UPs auto box is the same type as the Smarts,so i am sure i will find it perfectly ok.Obviously i will have a test drive to make sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts