Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I not particularly knowledgable about cars mods, so if any of this sound nonense I apologise, but the question I have is.

I have a set of steels with tyres from my previous car (Smart) that attach with 3 bolts. Obviously the Up! (and hence the Citigo and my Mii) has wheels that attach with 4 bolts. I wonder if converters or spacers exist that would allow me to mount my Smart wheels on my Mii. Not necessarily to drive around on (though I wonder if that is feasible) more something to sit the car on while I detail the main wheels (don't really like the idea of axle stands)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If the Up! ran a 5 bolt pattern, then yes, I believe it would be. But as it's 4x100, and the smart is 3x112, I am led to believe that they are not routinely made as they are not safe. Something to do with there almost being overlap between the bolt holes.
I'm sure you can pick up some dirty old 4x100 steels for pennies on eBay for that price tho.

·
Registered
727 Posts
bazves said:
more something to sit the car on while I detail the main wheels (don't really like the idea of axle stands)

Then do it redneck style with concrete blocks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's possible... somehow. Here's a mk1 Golf with Smart Brabus wheels. I've only seen this one car though, maybe done with one off spacer adapters?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts