Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered before by some of our German forum members but can anybody shed some light on the Cup edition that is available in Germany. Where does it fit in? Below the High Up? Also what features does it have that we don't get here in the UK?
I had a go on the German Configurator and I noticed that they offer the triangle alloys but all in silver without the black colouring, v.nice! And what's with those blue bits in the cabin?!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Matteboy,

The cup up! has been available since spring 2014 in Germany ...

It is based on a move up! (same display without chrome rings) ...
It has special "Fortaleza" allyos 5.5J x 15 (which look very nice).
Special are some blue accessories (around the air inlets, blue striped steering wheel and hand brake, seat). The seat is special and looks really nice. Much better than in the config system.
AC+Radio are standard for it.

You can't get the two normal sport packs (like in the UK) but only a "open sky pack" including the triangle sports pack and "sun roof".

Yes, "pure silver" triangle alloys are available for it. These are also available for the high up! in Germany ...

I might have taken a cup up! (stood at the dealer when I ordered mine in March) if the accessories had red but blue stripes.

But especially the Mayan Blue (and white) cup up! look(s) excellent with the blue accessories and decorative stiching. A really nice special edition (world cup Brazil) ...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that Cadfael.

Why not offer the full range of VW alloys in all countries? The UK accessories list doesn't feature all the alloys that are on offer in Germany.

I remember the Monza alloys on my GTI were universal across all countries. It made sense financially for VW. But with the Up! it appears they've gone alloy crazy! It's great that there is lots of choice out there but why limit certain wheels to certain countries?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Well; mine is a standard high up! but somehow unique...

Was at the dealer's with my motorbike this afternoon (after they had closed).
They had three 3door take up!s there (two black, one red) and one 5door cup up! ...
I think I have never seen a high up! there? In the show room were always cup up!s as they are cheaper than the high up! but have many nice extras.

I think more cup up!s than move up!s are sold in Germany at the moment.

The groove up! is something special here - like it was in the UK. Haven't seen one on the road yet - but we have some groove up! owners in the German forum.

Well; it was luck that the cup! owners can say they bought their up! when German won the cup!.
2014 will surely not stay in memory like 1954 or 1974 with the final against the Netherlands (our "beloved enemy"). But the year is easy to remember anyway ...

·
Registered
72 Posts
VW UP! Cup is a nice trim level. The big selling point is that it has electric windows, nice seat trim, dashboard, alloys, air con and a radio which are the pretty much the essentials.
I've been in them and the trim and extras are well chosen which begs the question; why do VAG put nasty trims and fabrics in some of the variants of the triplets when it is as cheap to put pleasant ones in which give the feeling of an all around posher car.

The Mii iTech trim level is well chosen too.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Here is a photo, taken by Marvin (Fred66) from the German up! forum. His up! is the left "Cheer up!" with the silver triangle alloys. The right "Cup up!" is the up! of his parents ("normal black sports pack triangle aloys" and not the extra "silver triangle alloys" Marvin has) ...

Edited by: Cadfael

1 - 8 of 8 Posts