Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have had a look at my iTunes library on my pc. Some of the music is buried several folders down from top level, and some albums such as compilations have the songs split into individual folders.
Do I need to tidy all this up on the sd card for maps and more, or will it sort itself out?

Ta, Alex.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yeah Alex I would suggest you do, I'm quite OCD about my ITunes and keep everything in Album order with the album images on every track, that way when you move it onto your SD card it'll have everything together.
It certainly won't sort if for you as all you'll be doing is basically drag and drop onto the card so what you see is what you get.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.... Will keep me busy while I wait for my car

·
Registered
421 Posts
Certainly will!
Either that or think about creating playlists, that may be the other way round it as it's more of a mash up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Alex,

without knowing anything about ITunes and what you want to tidy up, I can tell you that it's possible to have folders with subfolders, and I guess subsubfolders. As you can see in the two examples below (AC/DC & Clutch), there are several albums (a new folder) under the group folder.

In M+M it's possible to navigate in and out of folders, mix tunes in a album, mix tunes from all albums in a group folder or mix tunes from all groups = all numbers on the SD card. It all depends on what folder you have chosen when you press the mix button on M+M.

Hope this can help you on the way
CW

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Alex,
a little more for you first the look when you're in the root of the SD card

Going down to the folder "America's Volume dealer" gives you either subfolders with more albums or the tunes in an album if it's the only album with tha artist. In the top left corner you can get "out" of the folder again.

If you choose a tune it'll start playing an you'll get the following screen

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
thanks for those pictures and explainations 1Up, its good to be able to see what ill be able to do with my m+m when its comes :) any more little tips like tht greatfully recieved :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks 1up that's brilliant

·
Registered
315 Posts
Idon't getmy Maps and More gadget until early next week. But I already have a fair number of music items on an SD card. If I plugthe SD cardin, does it just start at the beginning and play right through? Is there also a place to plug in USB's? Or am I expecting too much?
The best gadget I have had for in car music was a ten CD player, that used to play my home made CD's at random. I still have that in my garage but I don't suppose it will be compatible with the Up! system?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Bingalau,
You'll need a MicroSD card.

The wayit plays the tunes depends on what folder you're in (root, folder or subfolder, if you've organized it in artist/album etc.) + what type of replay you've chosen normal or mixed=random.

If e.g you're in the root and choose mix, you'll get a random replay of all artist/albums/tunes. If you choose an artist folder and choose mix you'll get a random replay of all albums/tunes of that particular artist.

If you don't need the possibility to choose a special artist/album, you could just put all the tunes directly on the card without any folders. Normalreplay would the play from the top/down, and mix would pick randomly.

No place to plug in USB neither on the radio. No idea about compatability, but the guess is no.

If you haven't got it yet, you can go to the Navigonhomepage and download the manual for M+M. Go to Customer service and make the following topic search.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks 1Up. I have been reading through the information about the Maps and More system on the link previously given. I'm hoping to have a smattering of knowledge about it when it arrives. I noticed I will have to obtain a micro SD card, the ones I use are the normal sized ones. So I can start again. Can I download my play-lists from iTunes or do the items have to be a different type?

I will also probably have to get a technician or a five year old lad to come and sort out the adding of my mobile phone to the gadget. The word "Bluetooth" sends shivers down my spine. (Only joking, but it is daunting reading, I will sort it out though). I hope!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts