1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Love it to bits........at last a decent aftermarket 2 din console

·
Registered
45 Posts
That looks like a tidy solution to the present fitment.

The option to leave the screen in situ without attracting too much attention is appealing.

Good find

·
Registered
851 Posts
It does look good and should be simple to fit as long as you have the M&M wiring. I hope it's not too low to be practical though.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
We NEED to know!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
just checked this one! looks like an idea but still in testing! still enjoy the iPad mini idea, even more so now the iPads have touch ID :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sooo.... it's been about a year and a half since this thread was started, the link's broken and the mod is nowhere to be found on the website. I guess it's safe to assume the thing was scrapped...?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, the new lineup is scheduled to be announced next summer, I think... my guess is they will surely go with at least some kind of built-in infotainment, as most of the competition now has similar systems in their same class models. This particular console was aftermarket though, too bad it seems to be abandoned. I guess I will have to cut the dash anyway...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I like the maps and more... its lovely to program in my destination whilst still in bed! :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bumping a pretty old thread but I just bought a 2013 candy white High Up (with sports pack) andincluded wasaParrot Asteroid tablet that this part is made for. It's currently just bodged into the cup holderbut I'd love to have a more permanent, professional lookingfixture (notto mention I REALLY hate bodged modifications).Really annoyed this never came to market.

I don't understand why such a piece need tobe 'tested', it's just moulded plastic! The image is a photo and not a rendering so the mould must exist. Dunno why you'd go through all that trouble and then not sell the product.

Edited by: doby

·
Registered
520 Posts
touchscreens in cars are not a good idea. using it on the move is very hit and miss especially on bumpy roads and of course you've got to look at it first to know where to touch. much better and safer to have steering wheel mounted controls.

·
Registered
30 Posts
lupogtiboy said:

Yeh I know, but as I got a Parrot Asteroid tablet with the car I was looking for something specifically for that. I don't really care for touchscreens tbh, I just wanted to integrate it properly into the dash.

whats up said:
touchscreens in cars are not a good idea. using it on the move is very hit and miss especially on bumpy roads and of course you've got to look at it first to know where to touch. much better and safer to have steering wheel mounted controls.
The Parrot Asteroid does have steering controls (as well as voice recognition), but I agree its far too low down to be safe if you need to look. Maybe this is why it was scrapped.

Edited by: doby

1 - 19 of 19 Posts