Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since my Up! was delivered a couple of months ago, I have been kicking myself for not shelling out the £100 or so for the 'leather pack' (steering wheel & gaiter). However, I sat in a Cross Up! at the dealer's this afternoon and that had the leather wheel - eeeww, it's NASTY!

I thought it would be like the nice squishy fat rim I had on my 2011 Golf GTI, but it's really hard and thin, barely any nicer to the touch than the cheapo plastic wheel I have. Quite relieved I didn't waste £100 on that!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Some people love Marmite others hate it!!!

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Well the up White has rather nice leather on the wheel and handbrake! What is more , after 35,000 miles, no sign of shiny/wear on the wheel

·
Registered
222 Posts
I like the leather wheel. I'm trying to convince my wife that the steering wheel is garbage so I can put it in my Lupo.

·
Registered
309 Posts
It was never going to be the most expensive type of leather, but to me its better than plastic/rubber and the stitching is done well.

Real drivers know that thin steering wheels are better

·
Registered
15 Posts
I love the leather steering wheel. I can´t remember the last car I had that didn´t have one, maybe a Vauxhall Viva! I hired an Up! in the UK last time I was there and everytime I got out of the car I got an electric shock from the static I´d picked from the plastic steering wheel!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I love the leather steering wheel on my Citigo Sport especially with the Red stitching. It has a nice chunky feeling.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm more than happy with the feel of the plastic one. Still nothing beats the good old days when you had a cold metal bus sized steering wheel unless you drove a mini and then it was the size of a 5p

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^agreed - for a cheapo plastic wheel it's very nice. The leather one certainly isn't worth the extra cash.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Have to disagree with you there upman I have a move up! but had the leather LOOK package which came with steering wheel, handbrake and gear knob. The leather makes the interior look like a nice place to be, it feels nice and "executive" where as the plastic one (which I've also had) makes it feel like I'm driving cheaper car than what it actually is and in the summer it collected the sweat and dirt from my hands which was rather annoying. Of course it wont be as good as say a golf's wheel is because from my understanding its not real leather in the up as it is leather look material. I think the plastic is ok but the leather is nice, each to their own though

·
Registered
176 Posts
I couldn't be happier with the quality of leather and stitching that adorns the steering wheel of my High Up!

In addition, how many other vehicles costing 11K come with heated front seats as standard?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts