Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drivers side external door seal lifts slightly after a few uses of the window, its easily pushed down, why does this happen.

·
Registered
737 Posts
The clip that holds it in position maybe missing, or not pushed home correctly ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, is it easy to fit another clip, not having to take the whole thing off

·
Registered
737 Posts
Haven't done that job on an Up, but depends entirely on what the clip fixes to. I would guess that you'd probably have to remove the door card.

·
Registered
737 Posts
On other cars, the clip that holds the seal (several of them along the length of the seal, ), clips onto the return of the outer door skin, clipping upwards on the downturn of the door skin, if you see what I mean.
If one clip has dropped and detached itself from the door, then that would give you the issue you describe, ie pushing the seal upwards where the clip is detached, when you send the window up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On other cars, the clip that holds the seal (several of them along the length of the seal, ), clips onto the return of the outer door skin, clipping upwards on the downturn of the door skin, if you see what I mean.
If one clip has dropped and detached itself from the door, then that would give you the issue you describe, ie pushing the seal upwards where the clip is detached, when you send the window up.
I see what you mean, will have yo get an order in for it.
Thanks very much for your help

·
Registered
193 Posts
Clean the window edges and the seal (can use isopropyl) and then lightly spray the surface of the seals with silicone. It may reduce the tendency of the glass to pull at the seal (if I am envisioning the problem correctly!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Clean the window edges and the seal (can use isopropyl) and then lightly spray the surface of the seals with silicone. It may reduce the tendency of the glass to pull at the seal (if I am envisioning the problem correctly!)
I will try this, many thanks for the help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts