Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to buy some Glasses tomorrow and the store has two for one pairs cost.

The ones i would like to use for driving are fashion Glasses that dont contour the head. Quite retro like and Nice looking so i would also like to use Them for everyday wear.

My question is if Colour changing Glasses work for driving?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes! They're safer than normal sunglasses, as they allow more light to pass thru when there isn't much sun brightness, I think.

I can recommend you some polarized ones, they are also great for driving as they cancel the annoying glare of shining surfaces. I use Ray Ban's classic Aviators, the polarizing ones have a "p" on the front label. They are great!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I drive south through the Blackwall Tunnel every evening after work, so i have had to deal with the problem of going from the dark to driving into the low sun.
I've got some dark overglasses that i can put up on my head for the dark bits of my commute home and then in an instant flip down over my eyes when i get to the bright bits.I think these were the ones i've got http://www.amazon.co.uk/OPTICAID-POLARISED-SUNGLASSES-DESIGNED-PRESCRIPTION/dp/B00ABGN40G/ref=pd_sim_ap_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=1NBQEGHZKNSAQWRJJNKGthey have certainly been the best solution i've found.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Thanks for the info, I wear varifocals which cost a fortune so these overglasses have saved me a fortune!

Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Not sure what you mean. Varifocals are for vision so using over glasses wouldn't change anything. Do you mean you also have reaction lenses which darken in sunlight? Up until now they haven't worked inside a car but the latest ones do. The trade off for that is they retain a slight tint. I have varifocals with reaction lenses and an anti glare coating which seems to work for me.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I meant My new prescription varifocals are great but to buy a second sunglasses pair would cost about 40X the cost of overglasses...All I need is sunglasses to wear when the sun is low in the sky and over-my-glasses sunglasses are ideal. I dont have photochromatic glasses because they make me look like a libyian terrorist under artificial light!!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good one Privatedoc. My imagination is running riot.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
If you are old enough...Think 'Carlos, International Terrorist!' I don't do tinted glasses much justice!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I also have varifocals with reactions which don't darken in the car. I bought a pair of prescription sunglasses which are great... until you drive through a road with overhanging trees. These glasses are based in the car just in case I am out when it gets dark!!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
That's a good option which I also did on one occasion. Apparently the latest reaction lenses now do work inside a car. The problem is that going into a tunnel or an avenue of trees the lenses take some time to clear. Edited by: Beevee

1 - 10 of 10 Posts