Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stripped her of her rear badge. Will include more pictures after she's out in the wild again. In case anyone is interested, removing the VW badge was incredibly easy..!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Awww she's kinda bare! I quite like the big bold badge on the back but, equally, this looks good too

·
Registered
619 Posts
I don't remember the Up concept car but I'll bet there was a temptation to have a completely smooth rear hatch i.e. no wiper, badges or handle. It may only be a question of time before someone comes up with therelevantglass panel (with no holes).

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
veedub-ally said:
I quite like the big bold badge on the back but..
To be honest with you I sort of like the big bold badge on the back as well but.. there's also 4 more on the wheels not to forget the oversized VWglaring at you like a Merc star on the front as well.
Anyway, it adds a little mystery for those approaching the car from the rear as to exactly what make and model it actually is.

Edited by: vwild1

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I like it, but I prefer it without the window wiper too!

The rear looks good no matter what you do with it.

I personally fancied the square number plate like the white modded Up! Pic posted on here. But when i got it made up it was too big! So I can only assume that the square one that fits the Up! Is slightly illegal. Shame, cos I really liked the look

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought I'd share a few pictures of the operation theater where the dissection was performed and recorded (for an up!coming video).

Edited by: vwild1

·
Registered
235 Posts
The square number plate that has been receiving a lot of comments is, I believe, motorcycle-size plate. They are allowed to use smaller digits than used on cars etc. due to the limited space.

I had a small oblong plate with m/cycle digits on the front of a Caterham a few years ago because a standard plate looked over-powering on a car with such a small frontal area.

I guess they are not strictly legal, but are unlikely to draw any attention as they appear to be the right dimensions on a small car like the Up.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ahh thanks Upmeister, I did wonder as I really liked the look of the square.

Oh well, got holes now, so will have to live with the rectangular

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
upclas said:
is the small Up! badge just sticker to the car or bolted into the hatch?

Both badges are stuck on.

Heat them up with a hairdryer if you wanna remove them and use autoglym tar remover on the tape that is left on the glass.

< ="text/" ="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/96715a25//helpers/preHelper.js">Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
upclas said:
is the small Up! badge just sticker to the car or bolted into the hatch?
Except for the large VW on the front end, ALL up! badges are just glued on. I even removed the "white"stickers from thedoors.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts