Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Having ran my GolfGTI for the past 10 years from newand with it being a fantastic car
(doted after her)but getting expensive to run at £1.40 Litre and £245 tax, decided to go for a new cheap un. Thank god at last push avoided the 500 when the salesman offered me paltry part ex. The wife caught a glimpse of the UP on tv andwe were off, with me trying to convince myself it was a smaller version of my Golf.

After a really good test drive of an hour with just my wife and I, B roads and Motorways I was smitten the the little un! Quality build, rideand finish.

Decided to go for the same colour as the Golf Tornado red, with Winter pack to break up the front end with the fogs and warm mybehindon the cold starts in winter, speaker upgrade and the spare as I don't like the thought of waiting for recovery at 3 in the morning should it go wrong. I work shifts!

Anyhow we beat out adeal and got Lux mats, load liner and full tank for free, with a good part ex for the Golf. Happy days with the deal , just the waiting time Mid June!!! BOO.

·
Registered
677 Posts
WelcomeSounds like you picked the right Up! for you :) it'll be a sad day when you hand over the keys to your golf to the sales man!! but you'll be more than happy with your new car!! Did you upgrade the alloys??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HiCraig, Thanks for the welcome, will be a sad day indeed
, but surehappy with the Little Un, didn't upgrade the alloys as the £650 askingwas a lot and in fairness it took a bit to get the other options past the wife (lol) as it was supposed to be a cheap alternative! I will however be keeping my eye out for some aftermarkets!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
What interior and seat colour did you go for?
Well done for getting the extra's in the deal. I'm rubbish at that sort of thing and got nothing..

I'm waiting for a Red High Up! with Red Dash & Cornsilk trim with the red/grey seats.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Gone for black, black in the interior, I think it'll wear well and not to go on about the Golf but that had same colouring inside and I managed 10 years with her no complaints. Hope the little un lasts the same. Oh and my wife liked the sparkly black dash, thats the real reason!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi, I have also ordered a Red High Up! with Red Dash & Cornsilk trim with the red/grey seats. They had this carin the showroom and it looked great which is the main reason we bought the car. Test drove the Up Black and this was quite dark inside. My daughter has always wanted a Fiat 500 and totally changed her mind when she saw the Up! She has just started learning to drive so this is ideal as asmall, safe and sporty looking car!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts