Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liked this photo showing the development of the Golf.
I've only had one version and that's the 5. I wonder how many people have had all 1 to 6?

·
Registered
587 Posts
I test drove a MK4 and thought it was awful. Test drove a MK5 GTi and thought that was great but still went and bought a BMW 120d. Looked at a MK6 and thought it was dull and that is my problem with the Golf.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Had a mk3 GTI, currently have a Mk5GTI Pirelli and a Mk6 GTI Edition 35 (which has amazed me how much better than the mk5 it is) in reality I'll wait or the sporty models on th mk7 as lower engined and specs are rather dreary but liking the look

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think they get worse as they go on. I quite like 1-4 but after that they get a bit meh

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Had a mk 2 Gti ...was good in its day but eventually sold it and bought a BMW E30 M3 (lhd)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love my 5, don't like the back lights on the 6, but am in love with the 7.. (not as much as my up though, I may add...) lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
bazves said:
I think they get worse as they go on. I quite like 1-4 but after that they get a bit meh

Same here, never liked the MK5 or MK6...
In general I don't like any of the products pf the past years (Passat, Jetta, Tiguan,...) mainly because of the Japanese/Korean much-bling-bling taillights. Maybe one of the reasons why I turned my back on VW and have been driving BMW's again for the last 8 years!! But now that the redesigned or facelifted all of their models I've grown much more fond of them again. I think the MK7 has a lot of potential and can't wait for a GTI or R-something to come out...

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've always wanted a Golf, particularly the Mk4 version when it was new. The Mk7 is now a really big car but at £20k say for a decent specification, it's not for me. I'll just stick with my Up for the next few years...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Must be one of the few 53 year olds who have never owned a VW (untill my nice Up!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts