Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a phone call from my dealer today to say that my car is at the garage BUT ......... it has been built with a black dash instead of red and what would I like to do - take car as is orre-order! I told him that I wouldnt accept with black dash as it was the red that sold the Up to us and I didnt want to wait another 20 weeks to order a new one. We grabbed the kids and went straight to the garage and there she was looking gorgeous:

Looked inside and saw black dash which didnt do anything for us - it had to be red!!

Spoke to our salesman who couldnt apologise enough - factory error! I just broke down!

Anyway to cut a long story short they are going to swap my black dash for a red dash. Apparently, it just clips off with a special tool. They are going to order me a red dash which will take about 4 weeks to come but I can take my car when the M&M comes in sometime next week! I just need to take my car back to the garage once red dash is in and they will change it!

They gave me the keys and let us go out fora drive in our Up - well what can I say ... LOVED IT!!! Drove and handled really well - sound pack is great, well worth the money! We didnt go too far as didnt have much petrol in it but enough to know we have made the right choice of car!

·
Registered
655 Posts
LOVE IT!!! Now i am excited for mine tomorrow
I think i agree that with red the red dash is a must and i hope they treated you well after that!! Congrats on a lovely looking car though.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Blimey, glad its getting sorted. Perhaps you can keep the black dash at home, and use each one depending on your mood.. Lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wonder if this means we can buy the 'clip on section' eventually from somewhere and have a different coloured dash for a change every now and then!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Haha! Same car as mine! Hope they remember to put the red dash on mine

·
Registered
655 Posts
I am ordering mine tomorrow after I've collected mine and was told about 2weeks...if this sounds about right!

·
Registered
553 Posts
What can I say!
Its all been said!
the wheel centres in white don't look right though ...think black is a must with those wheels

·
Registered
677 Posts
Lovely wee car, I would have gone mental if I got the wrong dash! the red dash just looks AWESOME!! glad your getting it sorted!!

The seats are great arent they?? I love my red seats :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Haha well i am defo getting them as i think they look much better.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Awww wow what a great dealer, glad they sorted it!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks MarkyMark
The long wait is almost over - just one more sleep, thats if you can!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I won't realise its happening until i see the dealer...then the car...then think O.M.G that is mine!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Craig, the seats look even better than I remember in the showroom car and yes ithas to be a red dash - black just didnt do it for me!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Getting mine on Tuesday, it's at the dealership all prepped and ready to go but am waiting as am moving house and still have a company car (New New Beetle) so hanging on for a few days, the wait is agonising especially as I see it everyday!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thats what I was like when I sawour caroutside the showroom- 'ThatsMY car!' Even with the wrong dash and the miserable weather, she still looked awesome.
I would have re-ordered and suffered the wait if theycouldntswap the dash though!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
so good they were able to sort it all out for you! I will go mental if mine comes with a different colour dash and not the red one, least I knwo it can be sorted if it does happen tho!

agree with everyone tho, i think with the red colour, the centre caps on the wheels should be the black ones not the white.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have been quite disappointedwith everything since finding out that my car had been built with a black dash and was doubting my decision to buy the Up!
But .................

Picked up my car with the maps & more tonight - my excitement soon returned when I saw her in the carpark all shiney and accessorised! My dealer came out to meet us and showed us round the car - only the boot protection not fitted as on order, mud flaps(all round) look fine and the door sills are blackbut are better quality than I expected. And then theres the black dash ...... I can live with it until my red one arrives in a few weeks - better this way as I get to drive it now rather than leaving the car at the garage until it comes.

They have Ipad 3s in our dealership which kept my son happy for quite a bit while we sorted out the paperwork. They apologised again for the mix up with the dash and I did tell them that I would be writing to VW to complain and hopefully no-one else will have to go through this saga! They said that they had already done this today but it wouldnt hurt for me to do the same.

Hubby drove home and quite liked the feel and handling of the Up. Might take a bit of getting used to the engine noise but it should get quieter with use. Seem to be reasonably quick of the mark and hugged the windy roads really well. Only drove 7 miles to get home and I spent most of that watching the maps&more figures - just a novelty at the moment! Parking sensor display/audio worked great and the extra speakers are well worth the extra money. Just need to load up my sd card now, update the m&m (with the help on here), read the manual and were off!

Will post some piccies over the weekend and let you know about our first longish drive.

Very happy again now!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts