Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Nexus, or have one on pre-order?

I ordered one last month for my son's birthday on the 29th.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I was contemplating on purchasing one, then I heard Apple my be bringing out a 7 inch iPad in September (i know i know always take apple rumours with a pinch of salt). It looks like a nice piece of kit! But I'm a Apple boy!!

I have heard that HMV are selling them and if you put in some discount code you get it for £189 ..... think it was on Hotukdeals.com!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He already has an ipad1 and I bought this Nexus in place of the kindle he wanted, as I think they are a bit low tech (for a 12yr old!) and the Fire will be due out soon.

I've seen an engineering mule for the mini ipad on a website. It did show that it will have the new connector design like the iphone 5. Bang goes all those docking stations etc for future compatibility!Edited by: 911sse

·
Registered
705 Posts
A pencil and a piece of paper is future proof.

Nick

·
Registered
705 Posts
I write it all down very quickly

Nick

·
Registered
956 Posts
911sse said:
nexus 7 arrived today, a very impressive piece of kit!

I'd be interested to know what you think of it once it's been used for a while as I've been thinking about buying one for my hubby as a surprise.

He's already got a classic iPod, an iPod Touch and Kindle & I've got an iPad 2 which he pinches occasionally. He says he can't justify the cost of buying another iPad so I thought the Nexus 7 might be a suitable alternative.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought the 8gb version for £159. It's for my sons birthday, he really wanted a Kindle. I am hoping he does not like it so I can buy him the Kindle and keep it for myself. It is an amazing machine for the money.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Had my 16gb for 3 weeks now and im loving it!< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">

Pro's
lovely hd screen
very comfortable and easy to hold in one hand without fear of it slipping
the new google search (like siri) is fantastic
easy to link up with your other android or google devices
you pay once for your apps and can use them on all android devices (im looking at you ipad)
google chrome is super quick

con's
lack of 3g
only available in 8 or 16gb.with all the stuff already installed on it i think you get closer to 6gb free space with the 8gb version.but it is super easy to root the nexus 7 (you will void yourwarranty!!) meaning you can use external storage to save.
lack of flash.there is a way round this if you still want to ahem...look at certain websites

and to the previous poster there is a kindle app to!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Thanks for that ziltoid. Funnily enough I've just bought one from Tesco this morning and am charging it as we speak. All the reviews I've read seem really favourable and with your review, I think I'll be glad I bought it. Looking forward to having a play later today.

Anyway, it'll be a perfect alternative to my iPad when I'm using a small handbag. Yes, very sad I know but I can't leave the house without my iPad and I'm sick of having to choose my handbags based on whether the iPad will fit in them

1 - 11 of 11 Posts