Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little tic-tac is safely home. It's a fantastic little car.
Here is one photo, I will take more tomorrow.

The dealer was great, got a couple of nice key rings and an up travel box which was really nice. Tank nearly full. Maps and more was all ready.
I must admit, I am currently loving the black dash that was supposed to be red. It goes really well with the cornsilk and is pearlescent too, which gives it a sparkle.
I have a while to decide if I want it swapped...

My only problem is that it is now wet! Lol.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ooh like, all things to those that wait and all that!!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Oh My......

Its so.....Beautiful....

More pics please......just love the colour combo

Not sure about a black dash though!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congratulations!

A perfect little package. Looks like I'm picking mine up next Wednesday now, and I can't wait. Just the same as yours with the sports pack.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Very nice! So glad I chose red

·
Registered
956 Posts
So good to see tic-tac home and safe, an absolutely stunning car and I can't wait to see more pics. I actually like the sound of the black dash so will be interested to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone.. Going out for the day tomorrow to visit parents who are camping. Will take my camera along.

I must admit, I thought the balance would look wrong not having a red dash, but it doesn't. I think I would love the red, but my current thinking is that it looks so nice with the cornsilk interior, it just adds an extra level to the mix.
If I do keep it, I will miss the contrast that you would have got between the red and the black switch console..
Also, the colour trim is attached to the main dash with resins. To change the colour requires a complete new upper dashboard. I am a little worried about rattles being introduced if they start fiddling with it.
I think I actually need to see a red dash in the flesh. My mate should be getting one in a month, so I will have a look and compare.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
tic-tac looks excellent, lots of pictures please :) especially the inside, id love to see the black with the red and cornsilk¬

give us an indepth talk through how you feel the drive is etc :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Looks great Alex!!! You have me worried now saying that the dash is stuck on with resin - did your dealer tell you that cause mine said that they just needed a special tool to unclip it and wouldnt take long. If thats not the case then I wont be happy.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Tip-top tic-tac!! Think all the forum members have been waiting for D-Day along with you!! Looks great!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GaveUp said:
Looks great Alex!!! You have me worried now saying that the dash is stuck on with resin - did your dealer tell you that cause mine said that they just needed a special tool to unclip it and wouldnt take long.  If thats not the case then I wont be happy.
We certainly have been given different information. I would call your dealer and tell them what my dealer said. See what they say.
It may be my dealer trying to put me off changing mine...Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Alex. Just returned from our garage and my salesman confirmed that the dash is not stuck with resin/glue - just clips. The branch manager also confirmed this. They said that they checked some parts system and it showed them how it fits/comes of. Apparently the radio is accessed from behind these panels. The manager did say that it is quite expensive to replaceand that they wouldnt changeit ifwas too much hassle - they would have ordered me a new can instead!! My red dashis still on order and they will let me know when it comes in.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's interesting. It sounds like my dealer is trying to put me off changing, doesn't it.
Still not decided. Been out for the day and am still loving the black. I need to see a red really to finally make my mind up, but the only up I have seen is mine so far.. Lol...Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi
i pick up my little tic tac Monday at 13.10pm high up in white with sunroof and gloss black 15"alloys parking pack black seats and dashcan't wait roll on Monday i just hope its worth the wait
Edited by: alexis65

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
alexis65 said:
hi
i pick up my little tic tac Monday at 13.10pm high up in white with sunroof and gloss black 15" alloys parking pack black seats and dash can't wait roll on Monday i just hope its worth the wait
Cool.. It's great to be driving about in one..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts