Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new black move up this morning, yippee. Only 5 miles on the clock and the PDI test showed a overheating light on the dash. Sales man was all set to give a polo courtesy car for the weekend when they finally discovered that the terminal for the coolent sensor had not been pushed in properly.
Once this was corrected everything work fine.
I have had extended dealings with VW , originally I bought a VW Polo that was 12 months old just before Xmas , anyway when the vehicle registration documents arrived in early January , I discovered that it was an ex rental car. I was very unhappy with this because I would never have bought the car if I had known it was an ex rental and at no time had I been informed of this before I bought it even though I asked who the previous owner was, the sales man said VW had owned it since new. Under VW 30 day no quibble return policy I returned the car to VW and to their credit they gave me a full refund ( I paid cash).
So carless I looked around at micras, hyundias and corsas but came back to VW for an UP. The same dealership found me a brand new Black Move Up with maps and more at one of their other garages in the group and lo and behold had it here for me today only a 4 day wait.
So today when I arrived at 11 am the same salesman who sold me the polo was mortified and I have to say sqirming in his seat while having to tell me that he would have to give me a courtesy car until they could sort the electrical problem.
Fortunately the mechanics found the problem and 2 hours after arriving to pick up the car I was ready to leave, with a free set of mats and a free set of front and rear mud guards which are going to be fitted next week when they do the free exterior and interior supagard ( I think thats what they call it) protection.
So a long story is drawing to very happy end , I hope !
Now have 10 miles on the clock the garage is only a couple of miles up the road, its pouring of rain so all I can do now is sit and look it

·
Registered
198 Posts
How is actually a Polo in comparison? The salesman I've talked to claimed that the seating space is a bit smaller in a Polo than in an up. About 2 inches shorter overall, if I recall correctly. I'm curious if that's the truth, or he was for some reason trying to steer me towards the up (that I'm absolutely glad I've got in the end, whatever the differences to Polo)?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal there! I've had a couple of Polos as courtesy cars since I've had my Up and I think the Up feels roomier, whether it is or not. In addition, the all round visibility in the 2 door Up is far better than that in the 4 door polo or 4 door up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Interesting that you had the coolant warning light problem.
I had the same which was fixed on the 3rd attempt by vw changing out the coolant tank which contains the sensor.

If you get the problem again mention this to them. It is a known problem.

Good luck and enjoy, sure is a great car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts