Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best friend from school days has always loved heavy metal - yet he also loves Glen Campbell. A play list of metal and Glen Campbell sounds mad. Still, i'm not much different. I love progressive rock (neo-prog sub genre) yet i also love The Pet Shop Boys. So my M&M SD card is full of prog and the PSB. In addition, i have a couple of really old pop songs that i just love too including: Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin and This Little Bird by Marianne Faithful. I just love it when my shuffle puts these old tracks on and thanks to the internet, i have even managed to download the original cover art for them which pops up nicely on my M&M!

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
In my opinion, music is a huge and wide open thing, so I try to be open and broad with my music choices. Bit of pop, metal, dance, trance, 80's all on shuffle, and I think I've got most boxes ticked! I also have a few songs that my brother and I both label as 'guilty pleasures' such as 'The way you make me feel' by Steps! (prob gonna regret admitting to that!)

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Big prog fan, esp Yes, Camel, Caravan, Porcupine Tree etc but still love some ramones, vini reilly, the cure, ian curtis etc

very varied tastes indeed!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
My favourite car music has been David Lindley (and El Rayo X), ZZ Top and the Kinks (1980s era) so far.

But I'm gonna make a Rock'n'Roll compilation ...
Pat Boone, Bobby Darin, Rickie Nelson, Neil Sedaka, Sam Cooke +++
Not the "No.1 artists" ... Okay, Buddy Holley will be present, too - but with songs like "Mailman, bring me no more blues", "I'm gonna love you too" or "Rockin' around with Ollie Vee" ...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very little classical interests me. Probably only Pachelbel's Canon which has been used by a number of pop acts over the years such as The Farm and All Together Now which i like too. I'm not sure Motorhead can be listed under 60s. I went to see them on their Bomber/Ace of Spades tour around 1982 at Hammersmith. They weren't the loudest band I have ever seen though. That credit goes to Trust, a French metal band, who were supporting Iron Maiden in the early 80s.

·
Read Only
110 Posts
Usual choices, now lets have a look at my daily playlist.
Rammstein, Nina Simone, Black Flag, The Cure, Django Reinhardt,CCR,
Bowie,Charlie Christian,Philip Glass,Jamiroquai,Stone Roses,Devo,Jethro Tull and last but not least the late great Miles Davis

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I discovered a band on youtube I had never heard of before ...

The Termites ...
were a band from the late 1960s in Jamaica and played Rocksteady Reggae ...

It sounds a bit like The Platters smoking grass ...

Very old faschioned Rocksteady with a wonderful "Schweineorgel" ("pig keyboard" - cheap electronic keyboard), great flatwound strings bass and worn out brass ...

I think this will be my "summer music 2014" ... Here two links ...
The Termites, "Miss Stella": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwhkVw3EzKY
The Termites, "Have mercy Mr. Percy": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsWW6SppPlU

Yooo maaaaaan!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts