Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Ipicked up myUp! on 29th May and am loving it
. I originally ordered it in February and thought it would never come after a couple of months of 'in a few weeks' delivery dates promised to me. I am the proud owner of a Tornado Red High Up! with red dash panel andcream lower interior and seats which look fantastic, with the sound pack, panoramic sunroof 3 years servicing for £99 and carpet mats as my only options. I had not even seen an Up! before ordering it, going by all of the reviews on the internet and my past ownership of VW's. I did drive a Bluemotion version a while after ordering and was very impressed at the way it drives so knew that I had made an excellent choice of car. I drive 112 miles a day round trip to work and back consisting of A roads, urban and Motorway driving and already am getting between 58 and 64 average MPG. I had a 2010 Smart fortwo diesel before and the difference is night and day to own and drive so far. The Smart is supposed to get up to 85 MPG but I never ever could get above 55mpg. I beleive the full tank was the same as the Up! and neveracheived more than 360 miles out of a tank full. The engine at 800cc was small but mighty as a turbo diesel with lots of torque but gearbox was attrocious being an automated manual. If anyone is considering the automated manual then just avoid it like the plague as they are always very jerky. In comparison the engine in the Up! is very smooth and muted and seems very nippy. The manual box in the Up is brilliant as is the compliant suspension and great handling. Overall the Up drives like a much bigger car and is very refined. Needless to say I love it in every way and am so glad I bought it

·
Registered
467 Posts
Congrats!
I had the same story with ordering, when even didn't saw it before, just believe there is nothing better in this segment with so good specs (Fiat is fancy, but smaller load space)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, in this segment there is no comparison for style, space, quality, refinement and all round complete packaging it's a no brainer IMHO

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you Pamey for such an excellent review it shows me just how wonderful the Up is I'm waiting for my white High Up and expecting it soon my build week was 20 thanks again you have just wetted my appetite even more and Happy Motoring !mike

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi there Pamey and welcome to the forum<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Well yet another ex Smart owner defected to the VW up!,
there must be quite a few second hand smarts on forecourts up and down the
country.

Glad you are enjoying your high up! the specification is
almost the same as mine (except the panoramic sunroof) which hopefully I will
take delivery in July.

You have quite a long commute so I guess you are really
enjoying the comfort of the up! after the smart? Glad its exceeded your
expectations, enjoy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Highupmike and idletony, you will both be very very happy with your cars. I knew it was good but it still surprised me how complete the car is and feels so grown up and larger inside than expected to. I am looking forward to driving her home again tonight.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not so Smart owners now, as there are many alternatives that are superior for the same price/economyand rear seats. They are bringing out a 4 seat version with 4 doors next year but I am sure it will be way to expensive knowing Mercedes.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi pamey and welcome to the forum.

That's a great review you've done and now I'm even more impatient to get mine.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
congrats! Hi! and welcome!!

you have got the exact same spec as mine, I picked mine up yesterday, hope youre as happy as me :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts