Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive had my up for nearly 2 weeks now. I have the 5 door high up in white.Have to be honest think its great to drive but think the top of the range specs are rubbish compared to my last car :( anyone else have the same views.... just seems like silly cheap things they could of done to make it so much nicer they just didnt bother.... also finding it pretty impracticle
Lucy

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm intrigued. It's the first review of its kind I've heard. I'd be interested in hearing about specific issues, suggestions. Just out of curiosity really! I hope, for your sake, that you get on ok with it and that you grow to love it :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi, give us some details, what did you have before and what are you missing out on in the up.I think whatever car you buy wether old or new there is always something you wish you had.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Perhaps ishucy is actually an alias for James Bond, and this is missing from the Up!

<ul style="line-height: 19.200000762939453px; list-style-: square; margin: 0.3em 0px 0px 1.6em; padding: 0px; list-style-: :/png;64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAAAUAAAANAQMAAABb8jbLAAAABlBMVEX///8AUow5QSOjAAAAAXRSTlMAQObYZgAAABNJREFUCB1jYEABBQw/wLCAgQEAGpIDyT0IVcsAAAAASUVORK5CYII=; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; "><li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">revolving licence plates<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">spinner hubcaps that doubled as tire slashers<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">passenger ejector seat<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">rear bulletproof shield<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">forward machine guns concealed behind the headlights<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">rearward defenses including smoke and oil slick sprayers<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">Cement Blaster used to impair enemy windshields on their vehicles or as an underwater smoke screen to elude enemy submarine craft. (In Licences Plate)<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">surface to air missiles<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">torpedoes (underwater mode)<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">landmines (also can be used underwater)<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">can convert from land use to underwater submarine use<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">Hubcap Laser<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">Concealed Rocket Propulsion system<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">Outrigger Retractable skis<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">Retractable tire spikes<li style="margin-bottom: 0.1em; ">Self-destruct mechanism[/list]

So yeah, I can understand the Up! seems a bit.. well.. under equipped...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hmmmm... Looks like my mod list!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Joking aside, I do understand a couple of unnecessary things...

1) Buttons on door don't light up
2) Sear mechanism for letting passengers in and out of back is rubbish (on 3 door one)
3) No light in glovebox or boot...

They are my main gripes!

·
Registered
532 Posts
The main issue that affects my driving is the cruise control is also on the indicator stalk. It is separate on my BMW. If find it a bugger to get used to.

I love the steering. It's light and the car reacts perfectly to input so it goes round corners in a predictable fashion. What I am trying to say is that there is little feedback, but the results of turning the steering wheel are predictable. In contrast to the Citroen c2 which is more like a tiller than a steering wheel.

On the other hand cruise control on a MST.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts