Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all of you!

My first post, new member, from Slovenia, EU.. anyway, bought the UP recently, blue colour, roof pack, heated seats, automatic AC, multi-steering wheel, year 2018, had 16k on it-test car.

So far insanely happy with it, the way it moves, so lightly, i just swoosh from corner to corner, its very tall and thus roomy, feeling you get is like you are in a van almost.

Yes you will not be so swooshing when you have 4 ppl plus baggage, you will be heavier and my beautiful small little MPI with 75hp will definitely feel it.
I work as an engineer, and have 12 km to work, so very short travels and before i bought this amazing car i had/have diesel megane 2005 with 280.000 km on it. That thing is falling apart, a money pit that i have decided rightfully to end it. Just left with finding someone to take it for pocket money.

Even though distance is quite short, i get 4.2-4.6 L/100km fuel consumption. When i drove it from dealership back home (quite a long drive -120 km one way) i drove it avoiding the highway as i already bought vignette and is in my old car (110 EUR cost) and am still thinking if i want to splurge another 100 € to equip my little buddy with one also. Anways my wife drove me to the dealership so i could take the car, and back we drove on moto-roads, 50-90 km/h speeds.

The car i was against was nothing else than amazing fuel consumption champion Prius, 2nd generation, the one Brian Griffin drives in Family guy if you watch this cartoon you will know))) But Prius is very good for those speeds, so i was really curious what will happen. Well, we parked at home, i asked her what was the consumption and guess who won? ..hmmm ME!))) or should i say UP, i did very amazingly hard to beat 3.8 l/100km, and she lost just shy 3.9 l/100km.

I know i know, that is 10 yrs old car i was competing with, new prius 4th generation would probably floor me with 3.5 or lower even. But then again that car is 30k while mine was 9.5k ..

As soon as i drove it safely home, i started fiddling with the Maps + more APP, .. and was worried if it even works as i read some reviews about it and gave me doubt. Well downloaded the map (even though you can easily use your own Google maps on the phone will do just great anyway), everything works, the bluetooth, music listening, its all very intuitive and smooth.

I did notice 1 thing that annoys me .. AVERAGE consumption on the maps+more app, .. you have this don't know in english how it says but you have the short trip data and long trip data, the long trip average is 5.3 l/100km, and was like 5.6 when i bought it, so just don't know how to reset it. What avg. is this, from the start of the car first miles from factory? or from last re-fuel one did? Still haven't figured this one out..but i'm sure i will.

I hate seeing such blasphemous numbers in my UP, especially when i can normally pull a 12 km trips with under 4.5 l/100km..

Yeah, i think i'm definitely going to buy the vignette, going to go for some summer trips to the sea ..and burn those miles while at it..

·
Registered
605 Posts
Welcome to the forum and up! ownership. Pictures obligatory mind. ??

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome to the forum and up! ownership. Pictures obligatory mind. ??
HaHa, yes, photo required ! Welcome on board, we all love our UP's it seems

MPG, I still use old money, mine is doing 50-55 mpg around town, short journeys, but instantly 60-65 mpg on any run over 10 miles

........and does everything really well !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finally went to imgur,made profile, made pics, now uploading it.. anyway it has this yellow tape on it, i like it, now i don't removed it, so just enjoyable so far, the shifting gears is so easy, intuitive, ..

my mpg has also gone up as i get used to it more. I do 4.1-4.3 l/100 km ====> 69 - 65mpg UK, 57-54 mpg US.

I do have an issue with fuel cap, i filled my tank first time 2 days ago, and wow its different, just was playing around the key and the cap for too long .. just used to more easy way to open a fuel cap)
Also do you know guys when does the long term average reset? I have my now showing 3352 km distance and 76:43 h .. the circle showing the time (76h) is on 50 percent.. does that mean after i will have driven another 76h will it reset..? ffs, i drive like 40 min. per day, this means it will take like 3 months to reset it.. is there a way to do it manually?

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ah same colour as mine :) good choice

Yeah their very good cars and sooo big inside. I use to check up on the mpg all the time but got bored as it's simply very good end off...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes today i just drove normaly but it was light traffic, so ended up with 4.0 l/100 km and on way back home even better.. 3.7 l/100km.. Insane..

best thing is if i don't care and floor it i will still have 4.6, 4.7l/100km.. nice)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts