Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

Up! owner in the making. Current car is a '99 Peugeot 106 1.1 Independence, which I've had for 4 1/2 years. It's been a very reliable car, and except for minor stuff at the biennial inspections, I haven't had a whole lot of expenses.
However, it's 13 years old, and at the last inspection my mechanic told me that the car probably wouldn't pass the next inspection (due this coming May) because of too much rust in the chassis.

So when VW started bombarding me with commercials for the Up!, I was very soon hooked. On March 13th I went to the local dealership, and since they had a great offer on the financing which ended that exact day (not a sales trick; the next day the interest had really increased), I closed the deal on a new Up!

The Deal:

1 (one) Volkswagen High Up! 1.0 75PS BMT 5-door
Deep Black pearl effect, black dashboard (the Up! Black edition isn't available here in Denmark, nor is the Up! White).
Unfortunately the ASG gearbox became available only some three weeks ago; I tried to get it, but it was too late. If I wanted the ASG, I would have to place a whole new order, and that would set me back another six months.

Extras:

Sports Package Triangle, including:
- 16" Triangle black alloys, with 185/50R16 and locking nuts
- Tinted rear window and rear side windows (for the kids' sake, naturally)

Leatherette Package, including:
- Leather-look upholstery, black with white trim
- Luxury carpet mat set

DK Package, including:
- Maps+More
- Rear parking sensors with graphics in Maps+More
- Cruise control
- Multifunction computer

City Emergency Brake is standard on all Danish Up!'s.
And an oddity; my High Up! comes with a 6-speaker system (4 front, 2 rear), as opposed to the UK Sound Pack with 4(?) speakers.

Initially, the car was to be delivered around January 1st, 2013 (I kid you not). Partly because I wanted the 5-door, and partly because of the demand (at first, Denmark was assigned 4,000 units for entire 2012). However, because of economical instability in southern Europe (and, I've been told, especially low sales on the Italian market), Denmark got more Up!'s (I also heard that VW ramped up production in their Czech factory). And thus my new Up! should be produced next week (W37), and hopefully be ready for pickup at the dealership by the end of September. I'm really looking forward to that!

Future plans:
Well, I would really like to have some of the extra goodies for the car. A lot of the now available extras just wasn't available when I ordered the car; rear bumper protection, door sill trim, rear roof spoiler. Now I'll have to purchase the stuff as extras; it would have been great to have had it with the financing.

And I would like to do something about the lights; especially since Citroën C1/Peugeot 107/Toyota Aygo now comes with those fancy Xenon-look DRL's. I've been thinking about swapping the stock headlight bulbs to something a bit better looking, like Osram Night Breaker, Sylvania Silverstar zXe or Philips Blue Vision, but have over the last couple of days read that those bulbs really aren't that good (in terms of producing more usable light for the driver). So maybe I'll go for a HID kit.
I'm also planning on exchanging the stock bulbs (brake lights, signal lights) to LED's. There is literally no response time in LED's, compared to incandescent bulbs. Which I think is way cooler. And maybe even more safe?

Oh well, that was a few words about me (or why I think I need to be in this forum). I'm looking forward to surf the site and find all kinds of great info about the new Volkswagen Up!.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Hello and welcome.

The best colour choice

It will look great

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

Well, as Henry Ford apparently used to say: 'All colours are fine, as long as they're black'

'My' salesman told me a couple of times that everybody at the dealership is very excited to see my car; apparently it's the coolest-looking they've put together yet. So they can't wait for it to arrive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Choose white looks great, clean and nice. Red one is also nice. I love to car dealership on explaining the functions and couldn't wait any longer and at last my friend ordered it and we drove the it all day and we couldn't sleep that night. Praising about the VW all night.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi FreddyL,

Maybe I will spot you in Virum some day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts