Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

New to this forum!

Found it a few days ago and ordered my Up! yesterday. Should be with me in July.

Looking forward to getting it, however I will be very sad to see my MINI Cooper S be sold after seven years and 90k+ miles of trouble free motoring. Let's say that the Up! will have a lot to live Up! to, but as a VW I have no doubt it will manage it!
Just wanted to say Hi

Anyone else from Essex out there?

Not seen one on the road here or London yet

Cheers

Kieron

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Kieron,
Welcome to the Up club, Essex here also, although i'm hoping to move to the Essex/Suffolk borders in a short while, had my High Up! just over a week now andpleased with it so far, few little things to get used to, but overall a fun car, we have also had in the past a Mini Cooper and a Mini Cooper S, and currently also have a Polo Gti, obviously the Up! is not going to match those for speed, but improves in other areas and as i've mentioned on here before, a delightful little car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi DaveEw
Not seen one on the road... other that theone I test drove!

Glad youre pleased with it, itsounds encouraging thanks

I do a lot of miles (around 300 per week minimum) and with petrol prices only heading in one direction a change was with the head, not the heart... for once!

Do you have the DSG Polo... I did look at that first....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,
Yes its the 7 speed DSG which i understood at the time we purchased itabout a year ago, was the only available option with the DSG auto gearbox, so takes a little getting used to having the manual Up! but the Polo Gti was my wifes so my plan is that she will fall in love with the Up! and i will have to suffer the Gti
. My last car was an Alfa Romeo Mito auto, which also could move along pretty quickly and a lovely car, but i felt it wasn't going to age well when the time came to sell if i left it too long and decided to part exchange it for the High Up! with a few goodies and reap the benefits of better MPG, Insurance and Road Tax.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i think Joey Essex should give up on his Smart thing and get an UP !!. Thats what i,m talking about..... lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The better MPG and the fantastic value for money on the Up! were what drew me towards it.

Cooper S is not the fuel efficient car out there, but it is a great drive!

Only managed a test drive of the 60bhp model, so got my fingers crossed the white will have a bit more go with the extra 25% power hike!!!

·
294 Posts
ianp said:
i think Joey Essex should give up on his Smart thing and get an UP !!. Thats what i,m talking about..... lol

He should but then I won't be able to laugh at him everytime I see him drive it

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ianp
Totally agree, would be a great bit of product placement, towie has a massive following.
I've seen people having their picture taken outside lydias shop!!!

P90KHL
Is my number plate
KHL being my initials and P90 are the first three letters on two of my other cars so those three match

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
M5 SUT
Let me guess, you're a Beemer fan?

˜ƒ

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Hi and welcome to the mad house! :p

wait until you see loads of people going to YAY i have my new up! and then youll really really want yours to arrive!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We should start a poll

Who has taken delivery

Who has one on order

Who is thinking about ordering

Who is a school kid just messing about on a forum because they can't think of anything better to do

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had another thought in the Joey Essex, and TOWIE front

Think about the theme tune

Yazz and the Plastic popluation singing "The only way is Up!"

Perfect product placement

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi there! I'm also in Essex - Chelmsford to be precise! Take Up owner. You'll love the car when you get it, it's an incredible little car and I haven't found any faults as yet!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Thomas

You're not far from me then... where did you order yours from?

Glad you're pleased with the car! I've sStill not seen one on the road yet...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts