Up Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day people,

I am a new owner of a 2013 5-door High Up! here in Hong Kong, imported from Japan back in 2017.
As far as I know, the owner has made some modifications to the vehicle, with17” BBS wheels, BC suspension on all four corners, I’ll admit they look nice, but do rub a bit on the wheel tubs when going over a bump or a pothole.

I have a few things in mind for this fun little car, I love it to bits, and I’ll be keeping it for at least a few years. However, this is my first car after passing my driving exam only last month, and I’ve already put about 600 miles on it.

I'm planning to change the head unit to a Sony XAV-AX8000, replacing the bonnet stay with a gas strut, body kits (maybe, very hard to find), replacing the exhaust and replacing the yellow headlights with white bulbs.

Are there any recommendations for how to do the above items?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Welcome ! Some pics would be good when you get a chance !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello people! Thanks for the warm welcome!

I ended up installing a 9 inch head unit, white LED DRLs and headlights, a 10 inch Nakamichi subwoofer in the boot, and I ordered a bonnet gas strut, interior LEDs, lock striker covers and anti-fog films for the wing mirrors.

What have you guys done in terms of modifications to your vehicles?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello people! Thanks for the warm welcome!

I ended up installing a 9 inch head unit, white LED DRLs and headlights, a 10 inch Nakamichi subwoofer in the boot, and I ordered a bonnet gas strut, interior LEDs, lock striker covers and anti-fog films for the wing mirrors.

What have you guys done in terms of modifications to your vehicles?
Your Up is looking good. I have a Skoda Citigo. The modifications I have done are installing VW Up taillights, bumper and tailgate for the exterior. For interior just the air vent rings in silver from another Up.

What kind of head unit did you install? A single or double din head unit? Was it plug and play or did you need to do something about the wiring? Do you also have pictures of it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your Up is looking good. I have a Skoda Citigo. The modifications I have done are installing VW Up taillights, bumper and tailgate for the exterior. For interior just the air vent rings in silver from another Up.

What kind of head unit did you install? A single or double din head unit? Was it plug and play or did you need to do something about the wiring? Do you also have pictures of it?
The head unit I have installed is the Sony XAV-AX8000, a single din unit with an extended screen which you can adjust for height, which helps as the placement of the A/C controls are a little awkward.

It was installed by an outside company, but I already had an aftermarket 7 inch single din head unit installed, but from what I’ve seen from the technicians, it seemed to be plug and play.

Here’s the link for the unit I have:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts