Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just traded my wife and daughters 09 Polo for a Move UP! and so far so good it seems a far better build quality than the Polo and mereeconomical also got NK12STY number plate PS my daughters called Kirsty , got it in Candy White to match my Scirocco R

Big Brother below

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
bet they look amazing together! nice one!

can i ask, how did you get hold of that number plate? did you contact DVLA yourself and request it or did your VW dealer do it for you, my dealer told me they wont let you just request the plates anymore you have to buy them...

·
Registered
553 Posts
willowaz said:
bet they look amazing together! nice one!

can i ask, how did you get hold of that number plate? did you contact DVLA yourself and request it or did your VW dealer do it for you, my dealer told me they wont let you just request the plates anymore you have to buy them...
Dealers are usually issued a number of registration numbers which they can then dish out to new cars they have or are getting! You can ask to look at this list and pick one! You can't ask DVLA for a specific no. but you can buy numbers they have held back as "Cherished Plates".
Numbers allocated to cars from new are usually "Non transferable" and will almost always be with that car.
Our new UP! will have M5 SUT but will have a 12 plate first, then we'll swap it before we collect it.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
so i take it you brought that specific number years ago and you can transfer it to any car that you own?

yes i did get told i would have a small choice of the numbers allocated to them, its nothing too specific i want, just my initials as the last 3 letters, so doesnt even spell out anything like a word

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can understand trading in your daughter's 09 Polo but throwing in your wife as well is bit drastic surely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts