Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume anybody else with an SE Mii has the same problem as me, but I'm not sure whether the Up! or Citigo has an equivalent colour.

The light grey cloth on the edges/sides of the seats only needs the tiniest drop of water on it to leave a water mark (even just a few raindrops as you get into the car when it's raining) and it's a pain in the arse. Autoglym interior shampoo gets it out but I'd rather apply something to the cloth to prevent it from marking in the first instance instead of having to do it every time the cloth gets a bit wet.

Any ideas on a long term solution? A work colleague mentioned Scotchguard?

Cheers!

·
Registered
252 Posts
The light coloured seats on the SE & Toca are the main reason why we got a Sport.

However the darker interior still shows marks so liberal amounts of Autoglym interior shampoo are needed. Our car has the lifeshine treatment too, which helps a bit, but is not magic.

When my car was in for a service I had a Toca with the light interior & less than 1800 miles on the clock. I noticed water marks on the rear seat I assume were from rain blowing in the open boot so I understand the issue you have.

Sorry not the answer you wanted to hear, but personally I wouldn't pay the price for interior treatments when the results on my car with the dark interior are far from ideal.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No fair enough, that's a useful answer. Maybe I just need to do something like Scotchgard a very small area that's not in sight and try making that wet?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Personal scotch guarding sounds like the best idea. I am sticking with monthly interior shampoo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes similar experience with my Mii SE. I had Lifeshine treatment inside and out when I bought the car which kept the seats stain free for a couple of years. However last month a friend of my son decided to chunder a combination of red wine and curry on the passenger seat. As you can imagine I was well chuffed! Stains came out surprisingly well with a bit of soapy water, but it's left a series of water marks that I can't remove. I'll try the shampoo as suggested.

By the way any tips on refreshing the interior odour of the car which is still a bit pongy?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi just do the best thing and get Scotchguard trust me (Fabric Expert)
Regards phill

·
Registered
448 Posts
By the way any tips on refreshing the interior odour of the car which is still a bit pongy?[/QUOTE]

Cut an onion in half, wrap in a tissue and place in the front of the car. The onion smell will soon go and after 2 or 3 days so will the wine and curry smell.

Go well.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Night Owl

UP! Enthusiast

Thanks(0)Quote Reply Posted: 15 hours 50 minutes ago at 7:10pm

By the way any tips on refreshing the interior odour of the car which is still a bit pongy?[/QUOTE]

Cut an onion in half, wrap in a tissue and place in the front of the car. The onion smell will soon go and after 2 or 3 days so will the wine and curry smell.

Go well.

Hi .I've heard of a cheese and wine party but not a curry one.lol think you need a deep clean.or some lemons that's a nice smell. Take care my friend phill..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts