Up Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - contemplating buying a 2013 or 2014 Groove Up. I know the unique thing about this model is the fender 6 speaker sound system, but on both cars I'm looking at the dealers can't clarify that the cars have it! They say the stereo (RCD215) looks original, not refitted, and can't tell if 2 more speakers in (or one said just hasn't the time to look at the mo).

I guess if it's a Groove up and unmodified then it 100% has this system in right? And from looking at the dash, you can't tell any difference to the standard High up stereo, hence why these dealers are not quite sure?

Thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
check the boot for the sub and fender branding on the A-pillars, also there might be an amp under the rear seats.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bit late to the party but it can be identified by having an amp under the drivers seat (front end), and a spare tyre sub.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Even later to the party,:p but can anyone confirm the amp being a basic panasonic amp? I expected a Fender amp. I do have the Fender subs and speakers.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
It's surely all just generic "made in china" sound kit with a fancy marketing badge on it, no?
If it's a second-hand budget car, might there be more important things to be sure about?
Just askin'..... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts