Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the "sunset orange" in the flesh, so to speak? Is it a wishy washy red or is it akin to a vibrant solar eruption that glows in the dark?

I have to say that the interior looks very classy and is probably worth the extra 700 pounds, with a sub woofer to boot (again, so to speak). Do special editions keep their value? Various reviews say they don't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Me- it looks fantastic, hmm how to describe, dark baked beans colour? Not the best description... Does look really nice though, to be honest that is what swayed me to get an Up! over a polo! I ended up with a High up (getting it soon!) over the groove though, as the price was just that bit much! And however hard I tried they refused to allow me a high up on the sunset orange :-(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A baked bean on wheels - I like that. I guess it's a kind of plain orange as opposed to glittery? Hard to tell on the VW website with the configurator - they make it look very sleek. I'm a bit torn between a white High Up and the Groove Up - the orange just seems that bit different and fun.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here are some pics of the orange Groove up!

http://www.motor-talk.de/bilder/neue-sondermodelle-groove-up-rock-up-g58110839/groove-up-i206126914.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My goodness - it looks like tomato ketchup, not a baked bean. Interesting how the interior looks like a smashed tangerine and yet the exterior is SO red. Mmmm - it's got me thinking.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I like it, it is more red then I thought it would be but might be different in the flesh

·
Registered
583 Posts
It IS different in the flesh - more orange.

Red / orange is notoriously hard to capture on camera.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts