Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to add a bit more, I can honestly say no car for ages has made me grin as much as this one, and at 6ft3in It still amazes me that I can't touch the pedals with the seat fully back!

As a camper van owner I'm fairly used to people talking to me about my motor, but I've been surprised by the amounts of positive comments I've received about my little Up!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Congratulations!

Orange or black dash? (I have a black high up! with red dash and it makes me grin, too!!!)
Leatherette or striped fabric seats?

I prefer the 5door - but I am 5ft8 (?) 1,71 m ...
For you, a 3 door surely is better!

3 new Groove up!s within one week in this forum!
VW discontinued the Groove at at the wrong time ...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi, thats lovely, what is the colour called? Dont think ive seen one before.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It is Sunset Orange; the "normal" Groove up! extra colour ...
There might have been to many clouds so you can not the metallic sparkle ...

By the way ...
The German name for the VW in the background is "Bulli" or "Bully" ...
It may have been called "Transporter" or "Kastenwagen" but every German knows it as Bulli ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cadfael said:
Congratulations!

Orange or black dash? (I have a black high up! with red dash and it makes me grin, too!!!)
Leatherette or striped fabric seats?

I prefer the 5door - but I am 5ft8 (?) 1,71 m ...
For you, a 3 door surely is better!

3 new Groove up!s within one week in this forum!
VW discontinued the Groove at at the wrong time ...
Thanks,
the dash is orange and the seats are fabric, the 3 door has much more shoulder room for me (I don't think Grooves were available in 5door) also the fender stereo is great.

The Bulli in the background is a German import, Westfalia T3s were never imported to the UK. We,ve toured all over Europe with it and to be honest he is more like a part of the family than a mere car, my wife says owning an old camper is like filling a bin bag with £20 pound notes and setting fire to it every other month though!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is a fine looking Up! Fantastic colour. They had one that colour at our dealer and I have to admit I was quite tempted. I don't regret the one I have though, I love it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts