Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MISSED ME?!?! (probably not!!)

So the last time I was on here I was saying my goodbyes as I was getting rid of my wee baby High Up! Was such a sad day that was :,(

Since then a LOT of stuff has happened, I'll try to give you the shirt version. So my BF was looking to get himself a car, I suggested he went and got a Seat Mii, no deposit, lots of goodies and cheap to run! All went smoothly, he got himself a sexy wee Red Mii. Two days later my mother went into the same dealer and got herself one :) Happy days!

Three weeks later, Deans Mii broke :( It developed this horrible juddering and was completely dangerous to drive. So he took it back to get fixed. Seat didn't have a clue!! They had the car for TWO MONTHS before finding out what was up with it. During that time Dean was given a poopy hire car that was fallen apart, kept getting fobbed off my the after sales manager who couldn't tell the difference from his elbow and his @rse hole. Eventually we decided to "reject" the car. We did everything properly, wrote to the Dealer, Seat themselves and also VW finance. Basically the Dealer @rsed about and didn't listen to us. So after MANY complaints to Seat, Trading Standards and so on, we finally got a meeting with the Dealer Manager who kindly bought back the Mii and canceled the finance.

It was a very stressful and pain in the neck experience and will NEVER deal with Alistair Fleming, Dundee ever again.

Afterwards, I told Dean to get down to Volkswagen in Dundee (where I bought my Up! from) and see what they could do. Well they could not do enough for Dean, helped him out big time after they heard what we had been through. The sales man took a lovely wee discount off, put a rush on his order, gave him 3 years free servicing, 1 year free insurance, and Dean got an even better car than the Mii.

SO I GIVE YOU!!! Our brand new Volkswagen Groove Up in Sunset Orange :) It is a BELTER of a wee car, funky colour (dash to match) lovely interior, amazing Fender speaker system and goes like stink!!

Im so happy we've ended up with another Up! its a great wee car, he is over the moon with it!! Sits very nicely next too my baby Audi A1 S-Line, WHICH by the way is running fantastically thank you for asking ;)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hi Craig, I missed you!!! 8o)

I'm now driving one if these..

However I'm still hanging around on the up forum as the polo forums are all sh*te with no love or friendly banter.. Lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
I do love the orange colour.

·
Registered
851 Posts
........and goes like stink!!

If you get an up in the right rev band (3K+) and with no weight from extra passengers and luggage then it always amazes me how well it goes. 3 big pistons must be better than 4 little ones!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Craig200588 said:
Is that the R Line Rednaxela?!? Always fancied one of them
Yes Craig, its a R-line.
I had a match edition on a boat, but a week before delivery I discovered the r-line was not much more money and my dealer managed to do a swap.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Craig200588 said:
SO I GIVE YOU!!! Our brand new Volkswagen Groove Up in Sunset Orange :) It is a BELTER of a wee car, funky colour (dash to match) lovely interior, amazing Fender speaker system and goes like stink!!

Love the funky colour..!! congratulations.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Alan, there is no choice. Its the 1.2 TSI (105PS) 8o) I am looking forward to giving it some runs, but for now I am being very gentle.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
It was 2k more than the match edition, so quite a jump. However for the better engine, fancy body style and shiny dash, sport seats and black inside headlining etc I thought it was worth it. Strangely enough it was still cheaper than the SEL which seemed to have less kit compared to the R-Line.Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
851 Posts
I always buy on a PCP and my annual mileage is about to jump to 20K which would give hefty monthly payments on a R-Line/PCP package. So for me, I guess the High up that i've ordered is probably right after all.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
aaahhh, that is high. My PCP is set at 5k a year as my car is for my small commute and a few fun runs. Our Golf does all the major travel.

The up is still a great car 8o) I really really really really miss my heated seats from my high up! If I was doing 20k a year then I would look forward to those on a cold morning.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I've heard many people rave about them on the forum. I can't see it myself but maybe once i've tried them then i'll get it. I'm much more excited about the sensor pack.

·
Registered
296 Posts
heated seats was not a selling point for me - but on a morning where you have taken 5 minutes to clear ice and frost - they ARE GOOD.
Had the car for 4 weeks now [1800 miles] and absolutely loving it. No weird engine/clutch/gearbox noises. Engine certainly no noisier than our Ford KAs were - tyre noise seem the dominant noise at 60 mph. Got an oil change done at my request at the start of this week. Asked about Ups being involved in recent recall - apparently not.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The R Line was always on my shopping list, I love the front bumper and the styling! plus the 1.2 tsi engine looked very appealing. However, I couldn't say no the the A1 !! :) the 1.6 TDI is amazing, first ever Diesel i've owned and I'm getting between 55 and 73 MPG out of it, so Im not complaining

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I also liked the A1 but needed 5 doors.
It's amusing that your up was white, mine was red, your A1 is white, my r-line is red.. Now taking bets for the colour choice for car number three... ;o)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts